Around the NHL: 2018-2019 (Part 3) Regular Season Opens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
Apparently the NHL employs Ad Wizards who thought having most teams play on Thurs and Sat, but having absolutely no games on Fri, was a genius move.

Probably just a oddball thing in the schedule, but sure stands out this early into the season.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
Phil has failed so spectacularly that the team can no longer afford to hold out for their Joel Qunneville, who will coach the team to the playoffs and then a cup. Find the guy who will develop the core and get Eichel and Dahlin to that next tier, and then go from there.

The problem is, the Sabres have been so dire behind the bench that I expect whoever makes this group a consistent playoff team to get Ruff levels of job security.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Phil has failed so spectacularly that the team can no longer afford to hold out for their Joel Qunneville, who will coach the team to the playoffs and then a cup. Find the guy who will develop the core and get Eichel and Dahlin to that next tier, and then go from there.

The problem is, the Sabres have been so dire behind the bench that I expect whoever makes this group a consistent playoff team to get Ruff levels of job security.
Bruce Boudreau could be available soon. New GM, struggling to start the season in a tough division.

SatanwasaSlovak

Jan 18, 2013
Malmö, Skåne
Apparently the NHL employs Ad Wizards who thought having most teams play on Thurs and Sat, but having absolutely no games on Fri, was a genius move.

Probably just a oddball thing in the schedule, but sure stands out this early into the season.
Like having an Afternoon game on a frickin' monday, what the hell were they thinking there?

SatanwasaSlovak

Jan 18, 2013
Malmö, Skåne

Talk about ruining the game. It's only going to cost more people injuries if the players themselves can't protect themselves out on the ice. I'm starting to see more and more players taking things for granted and not protecting themselves and then get into situations where they get injured and act suprised about it.

It's like Marchand's fight with Eller, what the hell was Eller really thinking about there? Did he not think that mocking the opposing team and mouthing off to the bench after firing a goal would get retaliated? I mean, it's hockey. People have had bench clearing brawls for less.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Talk about ruining the game. It's only going to cost more people injuries if the players themselves can't protect themselves out on the ice. I'm starting to see more and more players taking things for granted and not protecting themselves and then get into situations where they get injured and act suprised about it.

It's like Marchand's fight with Eller, what the hell was Eller really thinking about there? Did he not think that mocking the opposing team and mouthing off to the bench after firing a goal would get retaliated? I mean, it's hockey. People have had bench clearing brawls for less.

Wait, are you seriously blaming the victims here? Because that what it sounds like.

Reactions: sabremike

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
Pettersson's physical immaturity made the outcome much more unfortunate. He made Matheson look like Dustin Byfuglien.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

Protect themselves? Petterson was basically assaulted for being good at hockey. Bullcrap like this has absolutely NO place in the modern game whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad