Around the NHL: 2018-2019 (Part 3) Regular Season Opens

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

Where is this idea, that he is one of the best defensive forwards, coming from? Other than Kelly who has said this before. What am I missing?

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Do arbitrators ever not reduce suspensions? It seems like it always happens whenever a case goes that route in sports leagues.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Good! I would love nothing more than Matthews commanding 12+ mil. 8 years. Oh the joy that Would bring me.
Say what you will, but Mathews is that good. I would take him over any Sabres in a heartbeat. He has that relentless drive to succeed, an attitude I don't see in one player on the Sabres roster.

Toronto is heading for championships I have little doubt. Buffalo will not be able to overcome them in this era. The rebuild is a complete and utter disaster. It is a failure of huge proportions for this franchise. I dare say the next 10 to 12 years are lost.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Say what you will, but Mathews is that good. I would take him over any Sabres in a heartbeat. He has that relentless drive to succeed, an attitude I don't see in one player on the Sabres roster.

Toronto is heading for championships I have little doubt. Buffalo will not be able to overcome them in this era. The rebuild is a complete and utter disaster. It is a failure of huge proportions for this franchise. I dare say the next 10 to 12 years are lost.

If Buffalo is LA to Toronto's Chicago, we'll take it.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
If Buffalo is LA to Toronto's Chicago, we'll take it.
I am so hoping your correct DJ. I would take that. Sorry for being a Debbie Downer, but the inconsistency in compete? level, commitment?, call it what we will, is very concerning to me.

wnysupport

Jun 27, 2011

Ugh, more bullshit hyperbole.

These boards are "relentless"...

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Not to mention Toronto is going to have massive cap problems in the next couple years, it’s definitely going to hinder them.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I am so hoping your correct DJ. I would take that. Sorry for being a Debbie Downer, but the inconsistency in compete? level, commitment?, call it what we will, is very concerning to me.

I didn’t really see the lack of compete we’re talking about. They weren’t in synch all game. I think there’s a difference.

Reactions: Aladyyn

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Ugh, more bull**** hyperbole.

These boards are "relentless"...
Hyperbole is such an over used term. Its what I saw on the ice both in the opener and last night combined with I'm witnessing in Toronto. That's not hyperbole, that's reality not only knocking on the door, but letting itself in, raiding the fridge and taking up the entire couch while menu surfing dish TV.

Reactions: Lilou

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY

Lmao.

Reactions: sabremike

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Hyperbole is such an over used term. Its what I saw on the ice both in the opener and last night combined with I'm witnessing in Toronto. That's not hyperbole, that's reality not only knocking on the door, but letting itself in, raiding the fridge and taking up the entire couch while menu surfing dish TV.

It’s also recency bias. Do you honestly not see that?

Reactions: Eichel9

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
Hyperbole is using words like “disaster” and “the next decade is lost” because... our division has a good team in it.

Reactions: sabremike

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Good! I would love nothing more than Matthews commanding 12+ mil. 8 years. Oh the joy that Would bring me.

I guess. But if he does it by scoring 60 and the leafs winning a cup, I’m not sure who will celebrate with you around here.

But man is he good. No wasted time, just execution in the ozone from anywhere.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I guess. But if he does it by scoring 60 and the leafs winning a cup, I’m not sure who will celebrate with you around here.

But man is he good. No wasted time, just execution in the ozone from anywhere.

That’s why it’s called a team game and one player can’t do it all. How many years did it take Ovi to get a cup. Everything has to fall in line perfectly.
Just because AM will probably light it up on the scoresheet and get a huuuuge contract (I hope) doesn’t mean the stars will align and the Leafs will have few key injuries when it matters, everyone hitting on all cylinders, the coaching will be flawless, the goalltending will be top notch, and the bounces will go their way to winning a cup.
Winning a cup with a league leader in any individual stat isn’t a forgone conclusion.
I think with all the success the Leafs are experiencing now, they still will fall short year after year when it comes to actually winning a cup. Just a feeling.
(Ok actually a wish too :laugh: )

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
That’s why it’s called a team game and one player can’t do it all. How many years did it take Ovi to get a cup. Everything has to fall in line perfectly.
Just because AM will probably light it up on the scoresheet and get a huuuuge contract (I hope) doesn’t mean the stars will align and the Leafs will have few key injuries when it matters, everyone hitting on all cylinders, the coaching will be flawless, the goalltending will be top notch, and the bounces will go their way to winning a cup.
Winning a cup with a league leader in any individual stat isn’t a forgone conclusion.
I think with all the success the Leafs are experiencing now, they still will fall short year after year when it comes to actually winning a cup. Just a feeling.
(Ok actually a wish too :laugh: )

I too hope they forever fail.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I just hope that those that wanted to see Toronto get Matthews so that we can "finally see a fun rivalry" are proud of themselves...;)

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad