Around The NHL 2018-2019 Edition: Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I still remember when people claimed that VGKs first season was a fluke and they'd be at the bottom of the standings in their 2nd

Well a big part of them being better is signing Statsny and trading for Patches and Stone. Those aren't small additions, they brought in three traditional first line players. They did a solid job running with the momentum they helped generate last year. Players want to be there and they had a lot of flexibility to upgrade their roster.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Well a big part of them being better is signing Statsny and trading for Patches and Stone. Those aren't small additions, they brought in three traditional first line players. They did a solid job running with the momentum they helped generate last year. Players want to be there and they had a lot of flexibility to upgrade their roster.

To be fair I don't think it's too hard to convince 20-something multimillionaires to live in Las Vegas.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

Always makes for good hockey when these guys play against each other

Tkachuk elbowed him, get over it Doughty or do something about it yourself.

Not saying the Tkachuk boys aren't going to be hated. But I have watched Doughty run guys that weren't looking or whatever else, those in glass houses pal....

I would take one of the Tkachuk boys any day of the week on my team.

Reactions: Konnan511

RWWallpaper

Mar 9, 2006
Hey guys, does anyone know where you can watch the documentary on Bob Probert “Tough Guy”?...I loved watching him play and heard it was very well done...can’t find it anywhere though.

Red Dread

Oct 19, 2011
Maryland
Hey, I know this is random, but I didn't know where to put this and didn't feel it was threadworthy, but recently I've had some fun making some realignment drawings in my free time, and was curious: Do you all prefer being in the East over the West after a few years? Do you prefer Tampa and Toronto as rivals over Chicago and St. Louis?

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Hey, I know this is random, but I didn't know where to put this and didn't feel it was threadworthy, but recently I've had some fun making some realignment drawings in my free time, and was curious: Do you all prefer being in the East over the West after a few years? Do you prefer Tampa and Toronto as rivals over Chicago and St. Louis?
I do enjoy having more O6 teams to play more often, especially with Toronto and Boston right in the division. On the other hand we had some good rivalries over the years with Colorado, SJ, Chicago, etc. But hard to really compare the two eras at this point since we've iced mostly bad teams since joining the east.

Reactions: Red Dread

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I like being in the east because I don't like 10:30 EST start times.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Quinn Hughes with an incredible debut. He will be a franchise player for the Canucks. It sucks the Wings decided to go with Zadina. (That said rumors were wings wanted Bouchard?)

Reactions: Canucks LB

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Quinn Hughes with an incredible debut. He will be a franchise player for the Canucks. It sucks the Wings decided to go with Zadina. (That said rumors were wings wanted Bouchard?)
So after a sample size of one and nine games Hughes is better?
Okay lol

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
Quinn Hughes is an incredible talent. this was never in doubt. What is questioned is whether he has the size and durability to be effective in his own end. Just too early to say either way. I suspect he'll have a very good NHL career, but rather more Paul Coffey than Nick Lidstrom (though not the level of either)

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

Pierre and Bobby Mac on draft night both queued us up to be taking Hughes right before the pick. The Wingsshifted when Zadina fell, I wish they had not, but I think it is significant that on the broadcast insiders didn't have them near Bouchard at the time of the pick.

Reactions: mjtm777

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Pierre and Bobby Mac on draft night both queued us up to be taking Hughes right before the pick. The Wingsshifted when Zadina fell, I wish they had not, but I think it is significant that on the broadcast insiders didn't have them near Bouchard at the time of the pick.

Pretty sure wings were going to draft Bouchard so it's irrelevant. At least that's what was reported after the draft.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Pretty sure wings were going to draft Bouchard so it's irrelevant. At least that's what was reported after the draft.

I have heard Hughes was the guy there if Zadina didn't fall. That Bouchard fell down our board the same way he fell in the draft.

Art Regner and some of the people positioning it that way have an old board. It doesn't matter now in any event. We just need to hope the pivot to Zadina was correct.

I think Zadina has had a really nice development year. I like a lot of the steps he has taken. Big summer for him, but I anticipate him being in Detroit for the whole year next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: mantha39

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Nah, you need to hope the pivot is correct because of your extreme bias, any thoughts on Zadina should be taken with a grain of salt.

How's Brendan Smith doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad