Around The NHL 2018-2019 Edition: Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Not counting this season 282 out of a possible 492. His injury history was just as bad before the 7 years.
I still don't see him signing for less after playing a full season last year and (presumably) 80 games this season at a high level for his style of play.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Skinner is out for the year probably.

I will be stunned if he didn't break his ankle.

EDIT: And he is somehow back, when you see the replay I cannot believe his leg/ankle buckled like that and he is okay...

Last edited:

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Skinner is out for the year probably.

I will be stunned if he didn't break his ankle.

EDIT: And he is somehow back, when you see the replay I cannot believe his leg/ankle buckled like that and he is okay...

did you know he was a figure skater?!??! maybe that strengthened his ankles and bending them that way is a figure skating technique

Reactions: Konnan511

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

Anyone else hear "whispers McDavid wants out" and think, "No shit?" He might want out of that disaster of a franchise. I have no idea why.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
That's how I'm confused too...

I think he essentially did what Suter did to Nashville. The whole year he talks up the team, about how he's loves the area, give them an opportunity to re-sign after the season, etc. ... and the moment the clock strikes midnight his moving trucks are being loaded. It's their right to go wherever they want, but it seems like some of these guys tell the team one thing, while clearly planning another. Then again, look at what Philly did to Carter and Richards.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
what did he do, sign with another team? or is there something else?
I think they're bitter that he wasn't more "honest" about the whole thing. Tavares claims that he considered signing with the Islanders the wholetime and all of his statements about loving the team and wanting to win in Long Island were genuine. But I think it's fair to be at least a little skeptical. If you think he said all of that stuff (like that they shouldn't trade him) while planning on leaving then that's a crappy way to treat the team and fans. Still they're probably more upset than is warranted regardless.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
I think they're bitter that he wasn't more "honest" about the whole thing. Tavares claims that he considered signing with the Islanders the wholetime and all of his statements about loving the team and wanting to win in Long Island were genuine. But I think it's fair to be at least a little skeptical. If you think he said all of that stuff (like that they shouldn't trade him) while planning on leaving then that's a crappy way to treat the team and fans. Still they're probably more upset than is warranted regardless.

Dude was damned either way. I was reading an (Dotter close your eyes and count to 10) athletic article earlier by DownGoesBrown that pointed out if he said he wasn't coming back and to trade him at the deadline fans would be mad he quit the team in the middle of a playoff race.

Reactions: Electric Eric

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Dude was damned either way. I was reading an (Dotter close your eyes and count to 10) athletic article earlier by DownGoesBrown that pointed out if he said he wasn't coming back and to trade him at the deadline fans would be mad he quit the team in the middle of a playoff race.

Exactly... I thought what NYI fans did was f***ing ridiculous.

Reactions: mantha39
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->