Around the NHL: 2018-19 - Trade Deadline 2/25 2:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
wasn't he pretty unhappy being a 4th liner/13th forward in Buffalo and that's why they "mutually terminated" his contract? He'd be in the same situation here especially when everyone's healthy.

IDK he did score 23 goals and 17 goals in consecutive seasons and he's excellent defensively. He was definitely the best defensive forward in the 2017 playoff series against the Preds by far.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
wasn't he pretty unhappy being a 4th liner/13th forward in Buffalo and that's why they "mutually terminated" his contract? He'd be in the same situation here especially when everyone's healthy.
Yes, and he was a part of the old rotten culture in St. Louis (as opposed to the new rotten culture in St. Louis) prior to being traded from there. If it's a higher skill guy you might take a flyer on him and chalk it up to being put in a bad situation, you don't bring that kind of mess into an already struggling club for a bottom 6 forward.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
would love to see something like what the stars CEO just did/said about their top guys. maybe not to that level but i like it.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015

Manning, if you've forgotten, is the guy who broke McDavid clavicle during his rookie season, and Caggiula is one of McDavid's best friends iirc.

Last edited:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Youd have to be a conspiracy theorist but it almost seems like Chiarelli knows hes going to be canned so hes goimg to burn everything down before he goes.

Reactions: Scoresberg

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Youd have to be a conspiracy theorist but it almost seems like Chiarelli knows hes going to be canned so hes goimg to burn everything down before he goes.
At least even in the midst of a horrible soul-crushing slump like the Preds are currently mired in... I never worry that Poile is going to make any panicky short-sighted moves.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
I would've been happy to trade Irwin for Caggiula. Irwin would've been about as good as Manning but about 3 times cheaper too.

Meanwhile Caggiula would've been a better option on that 4th line than Salomaki or Rinaldo.

Reactions: Tex76

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Dallas gets the Winter Classic next year and Colorado gets the stadium series game. Wonder if the Preds have a shot at being the visitor for either of those...

valeriammm

Beers/Bikes/Bums
Sep 21, 2018
I dont know, I think Nashville would be a killer contender for the Winter Classic but the NHL doesnt really seem to go for what makes sense. Would be nice to get a visitor's spot somewhere tho!

valeriammm

Beers/Bikes/Bums
Sep 21, 2018
So it looks like Ovi has declined to play in the All Star game after being named captain. Any guesses as to why?

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Probably because he's 33 years old and has been playing pro hockey since he was 19. There is a lot of rubber that has worn off that tread. This would be his 10th all star game. Who cares? He probably just wants to rest and spend time with family. The all star game is a joke anyway.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
So it looks like Ovi has declined to play in the All Star game after being named captain. Any guesses as to why?

He said he wants to use that time to recharge and prepare for the playoff push, which makes sense if they're serious about trying to go back to back. I wouldn't mind if we did that too.

Speaking of All-Star Game:

valeriammm

Beers/Bikes/Bums
Sep 21, 2018
Probably because he's 33 years old and has been playing pro hockey since he was 19. There is a lot of rubber that has worn off that tread. This would be his 10th all star game. Who cares? He probably just wants to rest and spend time with family. The all star game is a joke anyway.
Of course its a silly game, but come on is it worth wasting a day worth of "skill drills" and having to miss a game before or after?

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
I’m my opinion yes it is worth it. You are forgetting about all the travel, interviews, meetings, etc etc they have to do. I would bet that whole event is anything but relaxing. If a player is young or hasn’t been there before then that’s one thing but for Ovy I think this is an easy decision. All Star games make me cringe. Wish they would do away with them.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Also I think the location is probably playing a big role in this for Ovi. If it were on the East coast he might go, but for him you are talking about flying entirely across the US to go. I can't blame him at this point.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Was hoping Carter Hutton would be an All Star but I looked and his numbers are rather pedestrian. Kinda surprising given the year the Sabers are having

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I’m my opinion yes it is worth it. You are forgetting about all the travel, interviews, meetings, etc etc they have to do. I would bet that whole event is anything but relaxing. If a player is young or hasn’t been there before then that’s one thing but for Ovy I think this is an easy decision. All Star games make me cringe. Wish they would do away with them.
Exception made for Subban... I would just send him in perpetuity. Let everybody else rest, let PK do his thing there.

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad