Around the NHL: 2018-19 - Trade Deadline 2/25 2:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
So has the Pacific had a dramatic improvement lately or are Dallas and Minnesota just sucking wind? If the season ended today only 3 Central teams would make the playoffs

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I dont think any one expected the Pacific to have more than 3 playoff teams,much less 5. Most would have put Vegas in Calgarys spot and vice versa. Still early yet but a 4/4 split is for sure a possibility this year.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
So has the Pacific had a dramatic improvement lately or are Dallas and Minnesota just sucking wind? If the season ended today only 3 Central teams would make the playoffs
Would suck for us. How awful would a first round against Anaheim, Vegas, San Jose, Vancouver or Arizona be (despite our success against the Ducks)?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Would suck for us. How awful would a first round against Anaheim, Vegas, San Jose, Vancouver or Arizona be (despite our success against the Ducks)?

Well we are no lock for the top seed in the Central much less the West so I'll just take whatever comes and roll with it.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
On one hand, St. Louis being top 5 pick awful scares me. On the other, I feel like they will completely blow it up (new GM and all) if they continue to be this bad so it won't matter anyway (though they would be doing so without a 1st rounder next year).

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
i'd say whatever keeps us against the Central, but then when you remember that is the Avs or Jets...yikes.

Yeah, you cant be choosy about the playoffs. Just take whoever comes and try to win in as few games as possible

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
I remember saying Calgary about five games in looked really, really good and got some crap for it. Looks like I was right about that one.

But at the same time I said the Blues would be the best team in the Central and look how that prediction went.

Honestly, I look at that roster and I still say "how are you possibly this bad?" Conversely, I look at the Ducks and say "how are you possibly this good?"

Just goes to show you why you play the games.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
On one hand, St. Louis being top 5 pick awful scares me. On the other, I feel like they will completely blow it up (new GM and all) if they continue to be this bad so it won't matter anyway (though they would be doing so without a 1st rounder next year).
Since they have no issues trading star players to division rivals,
maybe we can take a Russian Tank off of thier hands and help their Tank.

Crawford out with a concussion again.
He should just retire and go on LTIR. There is nothing else to prove and he gets paid for the rest of the time. Unlike the bogus Hossa “injury” this one would not be a blatant attempt to circumvent the cap.

valeriammm

Beers/Bikes/Bums
Sep 21, 2018
Since Q is reportedly not? going to the Flyers where do we think he is heading? Maybe once Christmas is over with we will hear which team snagged him.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Since they have no issues trading star players to division rivals,
maybe we can take a Russian Tank off of thier hands and help their Tank.

He should just retire and go on LTIR. There is nothing else to prove and he gets paid for the rest of the time. Unlike the bogus Hossa “injury” this one would not be a blatant attempt to circumvent the cap.
I think it's likelier hell would freeze over first. What would we want back to trade Forsberg to St. Louis were we in the same position?

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
I think it's likelier hell would freeze over first. What would we want back to trade Forsberg to St. Louis were we in the same position?
he could not fit under our cap anyway.
They traded Statsny to freaking Winnipeg last season. He was a huge difference maker in that series and especially in 2 of the Jets wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad