Around the NHL: 2018-19 - Trade Deadline 2/25 2:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Kucherov is insane. Where does Tampa find these guys?

Scouting. Kuch was a 2nd round gem who now at age 25 has 406 points in 403 games and still has his best two or three years ahead of him. Then there is Yani Gourde who was playing in the ECHL in 2014 and was brought on due to work ethic and last year put up 25 goals and 64 points, Then Braden Point a 3rd rd pick who in his three years has played 191 games and potted 74 goals with a 88 point season last year mainly on the 2nd line now centering Stamkos and on the PP with Stammer and Kuch this season he should have 49 goals and 100 points as well. Tyler Johnson undrafted solid 2nd line center a little smallish and has spent a lot of time on the IR due to injuries he still has put up 24 goals per 82 games played and 50 points a year. Centering the 3rd line he is on pace to have low 30 goal and 60 points this season. Another 3rd round pick that plays up and down the line up the best defensive forward on the team. Currently playing with Stammer and Point his numbers should be better this year than in the past but he is still a good 15 to 20 goal guy 40 to 50 points. Players t0o watch Anthony Cirelli another 3rd rounder who despite playing 3rd or 4th line this season will approach 20 goals and 35 points as a 21 year old. Mathieu Joseph a 4th round pick that has 10 goals in 35 games this year very possible he ends up with 20+. These two have to repeat their success in years to come but they look bright.

This depth is built not wished like we have done with the Preds forever. And honestly it is sick to have all this talent on one team. This is a juggernaut This is a scoring machine with a solid defense and a future Vezina winner in net.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
They haven't won the cup yet. Regular season success means nothing other than seeding. We won the President's cup and lost in the 2nd round and was the 8th seed and made the finals. Chicago was the last team to win the President's cup and win the cup and that was the shortened season. Injuries play a huge role and not just on your team but your opponents. Still half the season to go

Reactions: TitansVolsPreds615

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Scouting. Kuch was a 2nd round gem who now at age 25 has 406 points in 403 games and still has his best two or three years ahead of him. Then there is Yani Gourde who was playing in the ECHL in 2014 and was brought on due to work ethic and last year put up 25 goals and 64 points, Then Braden Point a 3rd rd pick who in his three years has played 191 games and potted 74 goals with a 88 point season last year mainly on the 2nd line now centering Stamkos and on the PP with Stammer and Kuch this season he should have 49 goals and 100 points as well. Tyler Johnson undrafted solid 2nd line center a little smallish and has spent a lot of time on the IR due to injuries he still has put up 24 goals per 82 games played and 50 points a year. Centering the 3rd line he is on pace to have low 30 goal and 60 points this season. Another 3rd round pick that plays up and down the line up the best defensive forward on the team. Currently playing with Stammer and Point his numbers should be better this year than in the past but he is still a good 15 to 20 goal guy 40 to 50 points. Players t0o watch Anthony Cirelli another 3rd rounder who despite playing 3rd or 4th line this season will approach 20 goals and 35 points as a 21 year old. Mathieu Joseph a 4th round pick that has 10 goals in 35 games this year very possible he ends up with 20+. These two have to repeat their success in years to come but they look bright.

This depth is built not wished like we have done with the Preds forever. And honestly it is sick to have all this talent on one team. This is a juggernaut This is a scoring machine with a solid defense and a future Vezina winner in net.

I have so many jokes I could say about this, but none of them are PG rated.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

You are overstating a little. Vasilevskiy has shown through the last half of last season and much of this season that he benefits massively from playing for a team that can score 4 or 5(or 6 or 7) goals and bail him out of mediocre performance. 2.55 GAA is not particularly Veznia caliber.

And yes, Tampa hit lower round gold much like Detroit did with Datsuyk and Zetterberg but the salary cap is gonna bite them sooner rather than later. (They just gave Gourde, what 5 million per?)

I'd be willing to bet that our Cup window stays open as long or longer than Tampas.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

The Preds have a solid defense (109 GA) and the current Vezina winner in net. The back up goalie has won his last 4 games.

Even with all the injuries this season, Nashville is still #1 in their division and has +22 goal differential, the same as the Caps.

There is still half a season to go for the team that has allowed 124 GA.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville

You forgot to mention they have a 1st and 2nd overall pick on that team and traded a 3rd overall to get a defenseman. They tanked and had lottery luck just like all the other top teams except one!!

Reactions: Viqsi and LCPreds

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Says we repeatedly while sporting a Tampa avatar.

You couldn't handle this team so you jumped on a bandwagon.

Weak

He lives in the area and has been a preds fan for a long time. If he likes another team, who the f*** cares... and why attack personally?

Weak.......................

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Not that confirmation was ever really needed but Suter has confirmed he never planned to stay in Nashville.

But in the back of Suter’s mind, he felt ready for a change and wanted to prove himself beyond being Shea Weber’s partner.

Suter: Obviously, I loved playing with Shea, but we were kind of ready to do our own thing. I’m still very close with him. He’s a great player. I’d love to still be playing with him. But we just … I wanted to change it up a little bit. And that’s what I did.

Halfway into Parise-Suter deals, here's the full story of...

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
One interesting tidbit was the part about Suter trying to get Parise to sign with Nashville and vice versa.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
But in the back of Suter’s mind, he felt ready for a change and wanted to prove himself beyond being Shea Weber’s partner.

Suter: Obviously, I loved playing with Shea, but we were kind of ready to do our own thing. I’m still very close with him. He’s a great player. I’d love to still be playing with him. But we just … I wanted to change it up a little bit. And that’s what I did.

Halfway into Parise-Suter deals, here's the full story of...
This was the same summer as the offer sheet right?

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
I actually like Suter. He just seems like a quiet country boy who didn't want to hurt anybodies feelings. I mean when all this went down he was what? 26 years old? He didn't handle it well but many of us make big mistakes at that age. The difference is his was for the whole (hockey) world to see. Time to forgive and forget.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I actually like Suter. He just seems like a quiet country boy who didn't want to hurt anybodies feelings. I mean when all this went down he was what? 26 years old? He didn't handle it well but many of us make big mistakes at that age. The difference is his was for the whole (hockey) world to see. Time to forgive and forget.
I partially agree with this. I still am not a big fan but it's time to move on. Poile has a hand in the blame game too, this is a business.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad