Post-Game Talk: Game 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
They had an epic run against bum goalies. They legit would have been out in 5 against the Pens if they had an NHL goalie. That series looked like Colorado vs. Winnipeg this year.
Sure, when they win series there are excuses. They beat 2 good teams. I don't want to hear about the goaltenders. They came back in both series. You don't do that without balls you said this team didn't have.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
ugh hate this response from Kreider. How about being angry rather than just shrugging your shoulders and saying we’ve already done a great job by being ahead in the series. Makes me wonder if this is the kind of BS that has been plaguing this team for a decade. No urgency
Horrible quote from Chris.

Makes me want to puke.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It's ok to be disappointed about tonight's loss but can you save this shit until if they actually lose the series?

I'm going to do everyone a favor here and frankly not watch these next two games unless the Rangers actually look like they're going to win. I honestly can't watch a 3-0 series blown lead. If it happens I'll sleep better at night knowing I didn't watch the NHL's equivalent of animals being tortured. But today I watched so here I am.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I love how you're so positive. How many years have you been watching this team and how haven't they killed your spirits?
It has killed my spirts.

I just don't care anymore. I have no expectations, I have no faith in momentum, I couldn't care less what happened last game, and I've accepted that hockey is one tiny step above spinning a wheel, if that.

I don't look at this as any different from any other 3-2 series.

If it was 2-2 and we won tonight, and then lost game 6, I'd feel invincible tonight and miserable on Thursday, but I would have been miserable last week when we lost game 4.

In this scenario, I felt amazing last week and then I was miserable two games in a row.

It's all just rearranging furniture. It only matters after a team wins 4.

Reactions: TheWrongWay

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Honestly who care what he says?

He could give you the words that you want to hear and not follow it up on the ice. Would that make you feel any better?
Nah instead he'll score 2 goals in a win and then they'll just pick on him after game 1 of the next series.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Boyle is really good on the post-game show. Very specific & sharp with his analysis. We have good commentators. Be nice if he did color on the games.

Reactions: will1066

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Carolina is frankly a better team. 3 points don't mean shit. There's a reason they were a favorite this season. You're not shorthanded goals your way to a series win. The PP is a DISGRACE now. Completely figured out like last year against the Devils. We were legit dog shit 5 on 5. Devils fans were 100% right. A team that's +1 5 on 5 should be an 8 seed at best. And our superpower has disappeared for a second year in a row. Maybe Mika can give the puck away a few more times, only thing they're f***ing good at now.

I'm just saying, let the games play out, I'm pissed as hell at the game tonight, the Tro quote was nauseating I thought. They got 2 days off to figure it out. I have trust in the coach he's going to give them the corrections and the message they need to finish it off.

If they blow it, I will be with you yelling at 11 PM Saturday with the rest of the board.

Don't lose the faith, they are 1 win away from being in the Final 4.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014

There have been 209 playoff series where a team was up 3-0.

Four teams came back and won in 7 games. 98.08% of the time, the team up 3-0 wins the series.

The team up 3-0 has won Game 4 a total of 129 times. 61.7% of the time.

The team up 3-0 lost Game 4, but won Game 5 a total of 57 times. 27.3% of the time.

The team up 3-0 lost Game 4 and 5, but won Game 6 a total of 14 times. 6.7% of the time.

The team up 3-0 lost Games 4, 5, and 6, but won Game 7 a total of 5 times. 2.4% of the time.

The team up 3-0 lost Game 4, 5, 6, and 7 a total of 4 times. 1.9% of the time.

61.7+27.3+6.7+2.4 = 98.1, which is where the 98.08% number comes from. 129+57+14+5 = 205 total times a team that was up 3-0 ended up winning the series (and then you have the four times where the other team wins 4 straight and takes the series).

So, there have been a total of 23 series that started with one team winning the first 3 games and the series going to 6 or 7 games. The team up 3-0 ended up winning 19 of these 23 series.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It has killed my spirts.

I just don't care anymore. I have no expectations, I have no faith in momentum, I couldn't care less what happened last game, and I've accepted that hockey is one tiny step above spinning a wheel, if that.

I don't look at this as any different from any other 3-2 series.

If it was 2-2 and we won tonight, and then lost game 6, I'd feel invincible tonight and miserable on Saturday, but I would have been miserable last week when we lost game 4.

In this scenario, I felt amazing last week and then I was miserable two games in a row.

It's all just rearranging furniture. It only matters after a team wins 4.

2-2, only to lose in 7 is bad. 3-0 only to lose is historically bad. I texted my buddy who is a Sharks fan after last loss that we'll be joining the 2014 Sharks in this department and he said it STILL hurts 10 years later. 10 f***ING years later. I will never trust a series lead or a Rangers team ever again if they blow this f***ing lead.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Graves97

Jan 16, 2014
Horrible quote from Chris.

Makes me want to puke.
Obviously an angry in the moment take on my part but if im Drury that quote really makes me reconsider his future on this team.

If merely being competitive against a good team is enough for kreider, there are plenty of teams where just showing up is enough.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Four teams came back and won in 7 games. 98.08% of the time, the team up 3-0 wins the series.

The team up 3-0 lost Game 4, but won Game 5 a total of 57 times. 27.3% of the time.

The team up 3-0 lost Game 4 and 5, but won Game 6 a total of 14 times. 6.7% of the time.

The team up 3-0 lost Games 4, 5, and 6, but won Game 7 a total of 5 times. 2.4% of the time.

61.7+27.3+6.7+2.4 = 98.1, which is where the 98.08% number comes from. 129+57+14+5 = 205 total times a team that was up 3-0 ended up winning the series (and then you have the four times where the other team wins 4 straight and takes the series).

So, there have been a total of 23 series that started with one team winning the first 3 games and the series going to 6 or 7 games. The team up 3-0 ended up winning 19 of these 23 series.
See it was game 6 I was thinking of.

Still, 19-4 in those series.

Momentum and a moist napkin wipes your ass.

Reactions: Filip Chytil

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I hope the Rangers get outshot 42-18 on Thursday and win 4-1 just for the reactions.

Some of you wouldn't know what to do with yourselves and neither would 90% of HF.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
2-2, only to lose in 7 is bad. 3-0 only to lose is historically bad. I texted my buddy who is a Sharks fan after last loss that we'll be joining the 2014 Sharks in this department and he said it STILL hurts 10 years later. 10 f***ING years later. I will never trust a series lead or a Rangers team ever again if they blow this f***ing lead.
I watched the Yankees blow a 3-0 lead. It doesn't bother me anymore.

They won the World Series five years later.

Your friend feels that way because the Sharks are dog ass.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

That's 83%. Down from 98%. That is a significant drop. Also, how many scenarious was the team on the other end a team of Carolina's quality? If anyone thinks after the atrocity they put out today that they have an 83% shot of winning this series I have a bridge to sell them.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I watched the Yankees blow a 3-0 lead. It doesn't bother me anymore.

They won the World Series five years later.

Your friend feels that way because the Sharks are dog ass.
The Yankees had also won 4 championships in the previous years. And then won another after as you said.

The Rongos ? Not so much . This is pretty much our only chance

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
The idea that this team is too focused on scraping by is a good point. In trocheck’s postgame he said “we’re playing a team that was 3 points behind us in a record breaking season” that’s being WAY too respectful and deferential to the opponent. It kind of belies the issue with this team wanting to be in a tight dogfight and scrape by instead of asserting themselves and trying to overpower the other team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad