Around the NHL: 2018-19 - Trade Deadline 2/25 2:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
it is what it is. ive moved on but knowing what all i know, suter bullshitted us. it happens a lot in professional sports. i don't wish evil on the guy. just not even getting close to winning a cup will suffice.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
I actually like Suter. He just seems like a quiet country boy who didn't want to hurt anybodies feelings. I mean when all this went down he was what? 26 years old? He didn't handle it well but many of us make big mistakes at that age. The difference is his was for the whole (hockey) world to see. Time to forgive and forget.
I've moved on but still enjoy that people boo him. Shows they remember preds history, lol.
I see it a little different. Ryan suter was raised by a businessman with hockey background. Suter was a millionaire. He was such a spoiled entitled prima donna.... He knew damn well he was a deceptive lying piece of shit with no integrity. It's fine to want a good contract and change teams but to lie about it shows your character.....

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
He’s not worthy of my notice so I don’t boo him but I know people who do. And I don’t want him to win a Cup either.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Probably more likely an attempt to keep Wild fans from storming the Bastille after realizing that halfway through those two contracts, their team is on a downward trend and still hasn't won anything.
The definition of a "black hole" team. Never good enough to truly contend, never bad enough to acquire top talent through the draft. Including Liarpold it couldn't happen to a more deserving trio.

Reactions: predfan98 and Viqsi

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
He’s not worthy of my notice so I don’t boo him but I know people who do. And I don’t want him to win a Cup either.
I think my feelings about him are pretty well known but I don't want him to even pass one of our guys or Weber in the Norris race. It's petty, but deserved. To go to the trophy team with Dad over staying here with Mom...well mothers are supposed to love their kids no matter what but he lost his inheritance over that one.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
It really is crazy how we are just over the halfway mark in the season and the Pacific division is basically wrapped up and the East is realtically down to 10 teams for 8 playoff spots.

Should be an interesting trade market because of how many sellers there are. There are usually more teams in the hunt around the deadline.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Anaheim was up 3-0 on the Penguins and managed to lose 7-4.

I want to like this but I hate the Penguins as much or more than Anaheim.

Was hoping they would crash and miss the playoffs but realized that would mean a chance in the Hughes lottery.....

Edit... had no idea the Ducks had lost 10 in a row...and yet are only one point out of a playoff spot. wowser

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Edit... had no idea the Ducks had lost 10 in a row...and yet are only one point out of a playoff spot. wowser
Noticed this because I have been boxscore-stalking Aberg for a while. Wondering if we had been a little too impatient with him. But see he's been a scratch again lately for the Ducks. He only got those 2 goals in the playoff run, so I don't know entirely why I started hoping for him to be something more. But somehow I did. :dunno:

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
$uter could have signed here and Weber offersheet could have been signed. Predators would have gotten Suter plus 4 1sts. But he used Nashville to get more money out of Leipold. So screw both of them it makes the fact that the Predators are kicking their butts much more enjoyable.

Reactions: LCPreds

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Noticed this because I have been boxscore-stalking Aberg for a while. Wondering if we had been a little too impatient with him. But see he's been a scratch again lately for the Ducks. He only got those 2 goals in the playoff run, so I don't know entirely why I started hoping for him to be something more. But somehow I did. :dunno:
He played well for a bit (which I guess one can see from box scores) but he just doesn't seem to have the ability to consistently put it all together. Problem with him is, his "all" isn't really anything that stands out that much anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad