NHL Around the NHL 2018-19 IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
9g/3a, but he’s a minus 8 averaging 14 minutes a game in FLA. I thought he was a bit underutilized in Boston, but even if he got more shifts, he was not getting that kind of TOI here.

Why not?

They seem to have plenty of ice for lesser players than Vatrano.

Seriously this organization had no room for Vatrano but Noel Acciari is still employed here. That's back-wards thinking if I ever saw it (and it's not hindsight I always liked Vatrano).

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
A "mosh pit" in front of Cam Talbot originally had no goal called, then upon review it was determined that the puck crossed the goal line. Ken Hitchcock called a challenge for goalie interference but the call stood and the Blues took a 2-1 lead.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Why not?

They seem to have plenty of ice for lesser players than Vatrano.

Seriously this organization had no room for Vatrano but Noel Acciari is still employed here. That's back-wards thinking if I ever saw it (and it's not hindsight I always liked Vatrano).

I was all over Vatrano before anyone else here (he’s a Western MA kid). He wasn’t playing well enough to unseat the guys ahead of him, and he’s not a good fit for the 4th line. He doesn’t hit and he’s not great defensively. We all know you despise Acciari, but Vatrano would not be a good replacement for him.

Apples and Oranges.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I was all over Vatrano before anyone else here (he’s a Western MA kid). He wasn’t playing well enough to unseat the guys ahead of him, and he’s not a good fit for the 4th line. He doesn’t hit and he’s not great defensively. We all know you despise Acciari, but Vatrano would not be a good replacement for him.

Apples and Oranges.

Good fit for the 4th line or not, he's a far superior player to Acciari. Even if they didn't have a spot for him last year (and they kinda didn't), this is the same team that gave &^%*n' Sean Kuraly a 3-year contract, but once again, couldn't find room for Vatrano.

Just more evidence that teams need to get away from this mentality that your 4th line has to contain three grinder-types, and letting those types of players take up roster spots just so they will move out better hockey players. We saw it with Connolly, we've seen it with Vatrano. Bruins need to stop moving out guys for peanuts (or nothing) just so they can retain the likes of Acciari and Kuraly.

Reactions: Tampbear

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Good fit for the 4th line or not, he's a far superior player to Acciari. Even if they didn't have a spot for him last year (and they kinda didn't), this is the same team that gave &^%*n' Sean Kuraly a 3-year contract, but once again, couldn't find room for Vatrano.

Just more evidence that teams need to get away from this mentality that your 4th line has to contain three grinder-types, and letting those types of players take up roster spots just so they will move out better hockey players. We saw it with Connolly, we've seen it with Vatrano. Bruins need to stop moving out guys for peanuts (or nothing) just so they can retain the likes of Acciari and Kuraly.

I like Vatrano, but on a deep team, he’s a borderline 3rd liner, and if I am putting together my prototypical 4th line, he’s not on it. I want guys that are fast, have some nasty, hit, and chip in offensively on occasion.

That’s not Vatrano.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
A "mosh pit" in front of Cam Talbot originally had no goal called, then upon review it was determined that the puck crossed the goal line. Ken Hitchcock called a challenge for goalie interference but the call stood and the Blues took a 2-1 lead.

It is amazing to me that the play above is called a good goal, particularly after some of the B’s goals we have seen disallowed.

In my opinion this one (from Auston Matthews) was just as bad:

Matthews clearly knocks the NJ Dman into Kincaid, which causes the puck to come loose and gives him an easy tap in.

How is that even debatable?

Toronto review booth typical?

Reactions: BMC and TCB

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
It is amazing to me that the play above is called a good goal, particularly after some of the B’s goals we have seen disallowed.

In my opinion this one (from Auston Matthews) was just as bad:

Matthews clearly knocks the NJ Dman into Kincaid, which causes the puck to come loose and gives him an easy tap in.

How is that even debatable?

Toronto review booth typical?

Coach's Challenge: TOR @ NJD - 7:58 of the First Period

Coach's Challenge: STL @ EDM - 7:25 of the Second Period

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
I personally didn't like losing Vatrano . I said it at the time I still believe it but even with that said he certainly has yet to turn in to the player I expected . We have such low end scoring that everyone is going to make more of it than it really is to this point. The low end guys on our team are picking it up and lets not forget that scoring isn't the only thing that matters in this game .

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
They called Matthews contact with Severson “incidental”.

Ummm...sure.

In the EDM game, it probably wasn’t GI, but how could they rule that puck was in? I have seen goals disallowed where the goalie’s glove was clearly over the line, but you can’t see the puck, yet they allowed that?

As always, my beef is the lack of consistency.

I have been in the situation room and they have access to every camera from both feeds plus the scoreboard cams. My beef is show us the angle that they based their decision on.

Reactions: Grumpy Grizz

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
They called Matthews contact with Severson “incidental”.

Ummm...sure.

In the EDM game, it probably wasn’t GI, but how could they rule that puck was in? I have seen goals disallowed where the goalie’s glove was clearly over the line, but you can’t see the puck, yet they allowed that?

As always, my beef is the lack of consistency.

I hate the leaf goal , Mathews uses the d-man to take the goalie out of the play . Edmonton , I couldn't allow that goal and a lot has to do with how the whistle was blowed, in my eyes it was blown so as to not to let the continuation part count .

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Holiday roster freeze starts tonight, yes?

JCRO

Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I thought it was actually midnight last night, so I'm sincerely interested in an answer here too.
You might be right. Im just confused. :laugh:

Saw a few transactions yesterday so it would make sense that it was at midnight last night/early this morning.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I thought it was actually midnight last night, so I'm sincerely interested in an answer here too.

d) Holiday Roster Freeze.

(i) For all Players on an NHL Active Roster, Injured Reserve, or Players with Non-Roster and Injured Non-Roster status as of 11:59 p.m. local time on December 19, a roster freeze shall apply through 12:01 a.m. local time December 28, with respect to Waivers, Trades and Loans; provided, however, that Players may be Recalled to NHL Clubs during this period and, provided further, that if a Player is placed on Regular Waivers prior to the roster freeze period and is claimed during such roster freeze period, the roster freeze period shall not apply and the Player shall immediately report to the claiming Club. However, during the roster freeze period a Club can make any Player transactions necessary for the Club to come into compliance with Article 50 as a result of a Player being removed from the Bona-Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception.

(ii) Notwithstanding Section 16.5(d)(i), a Player on emergency Recall may be Loaned during the roster freeze period and a Player who was Recalled after December 11 may be Loaned through 11:59 p.m. local time on December 23, provided such Player is not required to be placed on Waivers during the roster freeze period in order to effectuate such Loan.

(iii) No later than ten (10) days before the holiday roster freeze, the League shall provide the NHLPA with a holiday roster freeze and restricted day memorandum.

JCRO

Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
d) Holiday Roster Freeze.

(i) For all Players on an NHL Active Roster, Injured Reserve, or Players with Non-Roster and Injured Non-Roster status as of 11:59 p.m. local time on December 19, a roster freeze shall apply through 12:01 a.m. local time December 28, with respect to Waivers, Trades and Loans; provided, however, that Players may be Recalled to NHL Clubs during this period and, provided further, that if a Player is placed on Regular Waivers prior to the roster freeze period and is claimed during such roster freeze period, the roster freeze period shall not apply and the Player shall immediately report to the claiming Club. However, during the roster freeze period a Club can make any Player transactions necessary for the Club to come into compliance with Article 50 as a result of a Player being removed from the Bona-Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception.

(ii) Notwithstanding Section 16.5(d)(i), a Player on emergency Recall may be Loaned during the roster freeze period and a Player who was Recalled after December 11 may be Loaned through 11:59 p.m. local time on December 23, provided such Player is not required to be placed on Waivers during the roster freeze period in order to effectuate such Loan.

(iii) No later than ten (10) days before the holiday roster freeze, the League shall provide the NHLPA with a holiday roster freeze and restricted day memorandum.
Thanks Fenway!

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I personally didn't like losing Vatrano . I said it at the time I still believe it but even with that said he certainly has yet to turn in to the player I expected . We have such low end scoring that everyone is going to make more of it than it really is to this point. The low end guys on our team are picking it up and lets not forget that scoring isn't the only thing that matters in this game .

The issue was that he couldn't play the right wing. So he's behind Marchand and Debrusk and you had to give Donato/Heinen/Bjork a chance to succeed. There was no room for him and they got a 3rd. I still love his shot but he needed to be somewhere with a better situation.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
The problem with vatrano is he did nothing besides score, and in his final days he didn’t even do that.

I love the kid, springfield native, mass native, good character, wanted him to succeed and be a bull type forward that can score but he couldn’t put it together here. Just because a player goes on to score somewhere else later doesn’t mean it wasnt the right decision at that time to let them go.

To add to that, his numbers aren’t impressive at all in Florida

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
The issue was that he couldn't play the right wing. So he's behind Marchand and Debrusk and you had to give Donato/Heinen/Bjork a chance to succeed. There was no room for him and they got a 3rd. I still love his shot but he needed to be somewhere with a better situation.

Not the biggest Vatrano fan, and I like a hard hitting grinding 4th line, but if that's the 4th line you want, then get the players to make a line like that work.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
odd season for them, really anticipated after their year in 2017/18 they would be a team who would continue to grow but appears not. I think if I`m correct you catch them alot, anything you can offer to explain their year and why it`s been so disappointing please and thanks.

Defense sucks. Goalie not great. One scoring line. Coach made a big mistake in benching Hall for 23 out of 27 minutes a couple weeks back, that made the team worse. Second line should be a 3rd line. 3rd line should be a 4th line. 4th line should be in AHL. They get pushed around, a lot. Don't defend teammates like they should. Team is a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad