Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Now he's officially gone.

from tsn.ca:

The Philadelphia Flyers have fired head coach Dave Hakstol after a 12-15-4 start to the season. The announcement came after Hakstol was not seen on the ice at Flyers practice Monday with assistant coach Kris Knoblauch running drills.

Scott Gordon has been named interim head coach. He was previously serving as head coach of the AHL affiliate Lehigh Valley Phantoms.

Full story: https://www.tsn.ca/flyers-fire-head-coach-hakstol-1.1227745

Reactions: TCB

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Now he's officially gone.

from tsn.ca:

The Philadelphia Flyers have fired head coach Dave Hakstol after a 12-15-4 start to the season. The announcement came after Hakstol was not seen on the ice at Flyers practice Monday with assistant coach Kris Knoblauch running drills.

Scott Gordon has been named interim head coach. He was previously serving as head coach of the AHL affiliate Lehigh Valley Phantoms.

Full story: https://www.tsn.ca/flyers-fire-head-coach-hakstol-1.1227745

Basically paying the price because his GM(s) have failed to provide him anything resembling adequate goal-tending.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Reactions: Dr Hook

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
*****cock is a damn sook.Crying to media about way McDavid is treated and teams hold him back etc .Then threatens at the end about you want play it rough we can do that
.Hitchcock rips refs for allowing 'ridiculous' treatment of McDavid
this is a classic coach move. yeah it's all BS, but that's part of a coach's job. Gotta lobby for your guys. I think it's good for that team that they finally have a coach who will eat some of the shit from the press so the players don't have to.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
this is a classic coach move. yeah it's all BS, but that's part of a coach's job. Gotta lobby for your guys. I think it's good for that team that they finally have a coach who will eat some of the **** from the press so the players don't have to.

Well ... it's not all BS (found this on the main board the other day thought it was good)

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
If Haskol was fired because they have no goaltending, I mean, get serious. They haven't had any goaltending since Hextall!

I think I mentioned this in the other thread, but I have a colleague who is a huge Flyers fan I said the same thing and he laughed and said, no not since Bernie Parent :laugh::laugh:

Reactions: GordonHowe

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I think I mentioned this in the other thread, but I have a colleague who is a huge Flyers fan I said the same thing and he laughed and said, no not since Bernie Parent :laugh::laugh:

It probably seems that way, but they also had Pete Peeters before Hextall. He had three good years for Philly, then they dealt him to Boston and he won a Vezina his first season here.

Seems like even when they have good goalies, they don’t recognize it and deal them away (Bob).

Reactions: Dr Hook

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
It probably seems that way, but they also had Pete Peeters before Hextall. He had three good years for Philly, then they dealt him to Boston and he won a Vezina his first season here.

Seems like even when they have good goalies, they don’t recognize it and deal them away (Bob).

They are looking at 44 years and counting since they last won the Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad