NHL Around the NHL 2018-19 IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Thanks Lou, seems like a far cry from last year where they appeared to be hitting on all cylinders. I understand holding players accountable and I don`t know what might have led to Hall being benched but 23 minutes? Crazy, how has Hischier been this year? Only treated to his talents for one season but he was a blast to watch

Other than faceoffs he's progressing pretty well. Not sure what his ceiling is to be honest. Thinking a 70 pt guy? 20-50-70 type? Maybe 75? He works hard that I know. The Hall-Nico-Palmieri line is not as good as it was last year, teams know they need to clamp down on only one line.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Would love to hear the back story on this.

Cause on the surface it looks like he’s walking away from that money.

In any case, I doubt he sees close that in his next contract even with an alibi.

Depending on what it is, maybe he won’t see a contract in the NHL at all!
I'd be shocked if he walks away from hockey. I think he wanted out of Buffalo and they were fine with letting him go because they'll need the money to sign Skinner.

It's a calculated risk for him because he left a ton of money on the table, but if he signs somewhere and fits in he could get a comparable contract eventually.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I'd be shocked if he walks away from hockey. I think he wanted out of Buffalo and they were fine with letting him go because they'll need the money to sign Skinner.

It's a calculated risk for him because he left a ton of money on the table, but if he signs somewhere and fits in he could get a comparable contract eventually.

Chicklets podcast mentioned something about him (or his agent) not getting his list of teams together in time (nmc) for the blues and thus he ended up in Buffalo which I guess would make sense as to why he wasn’t happy about being there. But who knows if that’s entirely true

Last edited:

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Yeah, Wilson was not f***ing around there.

Still sucks that he bitches out to Reaves. Reaves would bury him.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Tbat was typical Wilson bull ****. Basically jumped Oleksiak there. Square the **** off like a real man. It’s not like he was challenging him and then did it.
yeah, people will say it was fair because Oleksiak got the first punch off, but he never really got set. Oleksiak is turning away from the play only to see Wilson charging him throwing his gloves off out of nowhere. If Wilson was trying to prove he isn't afraid to fight Oleksiak then he did a shitty job of it.

Reactions: BMC

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
yeah, people will say it was fair because Oleksiak got the first punch off, but he never really got set. Oleksiak is turning away from the play only to see Wilson charging him throwing his gloves off out of nowhere. If Wilson was trying to prove he isn't afraid to fight Oleksiak then he did a ****ty job of it.

He’s knows he would get killed if they squared off. I appreciate he wanted to respond for the hit but doing it the way he did was his only chance

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Tbat was typical Wilson bull ****. Basically jumped Oleksiak there. Square the **** off like a real man. It’s not like he was challenging him and then did it.
I disagree. Tom Wilson is a grade A douche, but I have no problem whatsoever with what he did there..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad