Around the NHL 2015-16: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

schpaff

Sep 4, 2005
That's what happens when Eichel was touted as a potential generational talent, with a small gap between him and McDavid.

This season has proven the gap is more of a canyon.

It was great to watch him skate with Moulson and Gionta tonight and earlier this year.

Damn happy he is a Sabre. No sour grapes from me...we lost with a 20% chance.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
Now we have to hear on the main boards that Eichel sucks because McDavid put up 5 points against the Leafs but when Eichel did it against Boston no one gave a crap.

Might not be so bad if 99% of this newsgroup hadn't pretended like McDavid and Eichel were "1a and 1b" over the past year. It was never a fair comparison but Sabres fans forced it. That wishful thinking thing again...and now you deserve to whine about the main board.

Jagemon

Sep 27, 2005
That's what happens when Eichel was touted as a potential generational talent, with a small gap between him and McDavid.

Yes, there is a separation between the players but if you look at the speed of the Edmonton Oilers and the linemates each player have/get to play with there is a separation there as well.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Yes, there is a separation between the players but if you look at the speed of the Edmonton Oilers and the linemates each player have/get to play with there is a separation there as well.

Absolutely. Eichel was selected in what I consider the 1st wave of new blood rebuild. McDavid was selected at Edmontons tail end. The experience of those young 1st over all's and early 1st's makes a huge difference compared to whom Eichel is playing with. Apple's and oranges.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
McDavid is a better player but Eichel doesn't play with near the offensive talent McDavid does. Eberle is a 60 point player without McDavid.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Mcdavid is better, it's not that close, and we'll survive. We never went into the tank to get him. We got exactly the type of player we targeted. Lottery luck would've been a bonus.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
I am not gonna read too much into the Edmonton McDavid's destroying Toronto. It's just one bad team beating an even worse team. I refuse to analyze this eichel v. mcdavid agenda, especially this early into their careers.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Eichel is a lazy hockey player, he was in college to. I'm not bashing him or anything, but his intensity needs to be way higher on a consistent basis.

Now imagine Eichel on the ice playing motivated and playing aggressive. I think if he did he would easily be up there with McDavid. But like I said mid-season, and in the beginning of the year, he's been very passive in his play.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Ovenchicken on pace for 50 again. If there wasn't a 2013 lockout, he'd be working on his eighth 50 goal season. Gretzky's record is nine.

Dietpepsi

Jun 27, 2015
Eichel is good, and glad to have him.

But so far this McDavid kid is making it difficult to realize that he could have been ours if the ball dropped the right way. It's just Buffalo's luck that they didn't get him (although realistically we had a 80% chance of not getting him)

But it's such a small sample size of games he has played i will hold off on just how good he is. But a 5 point game is not a small feat (even against Toronto)

Also on the PP, he looks unstoppable..

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
One is blowing the zone early at every opportunity, the other's breakout/zone entry stats are comparable to Erik Karlsson.

God, Bylsma is worse than I ever could have fathomed.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Ovenchicken on pace for 50 again. If there wasn't a 2013 lockout, he'd be working on his eighth 50 goal season. Gretzky's record is nine.

Dare I say it's far more difficult to do what Ovi is doing. The difference in goaltending alone is enormous.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2016/02/12...ort-that-price-is-likely-done-for-the-season/

“We know what’s going on with Carey,†Therrien told reporters today. “It takes more time, obviously, than we were expecting. Like I said, he’s working extremely hard and he’s put in a lot of hours to make sure that he’s going to make that comeback. The fact that he’s working extremely hard is not to make sure that he’s going to look good this summer on the beach; he wants to come back and play for the Montreal Canadiens.â

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
There's a technical term for people who don't think Eichel is an incredibly rare talent who is going to be every bit as good as advertised, and that term is fool. The people who do the Eichel isn't close to McDavid stuff are people who take some bizare glee we didn't win the lottery. Screw them.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

Connor McDavid: 19 GP
Jack Eichel: 56 GP

A liiiiitttle early to be making this sort of thought.

Seguin had 22 points in his rookie year.
Stamkos had 46 points
Tavares had 54 points
McKinnon had 64 points

Eichel will probably have 50-55 points....which is on par for a 18 year old top line player.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Don Maloney has come out and admitted to tanking. Not in any sort of coded way. He very clearly said they purposefully tried to be really bad.

Hope Mike Harrington doesn't have a heart attack over this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad