Around the NHL 2015-16: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
http://bsndenver.com/steer-some-quick-thoughts-on-mikhail-grigorenkos-move-to-the-top-line/

Roy also announced that he intended to give Mikhail Grigorenko the opportunity to play alongside Matt Duchene and Nathan MacKinnon. Roy said that he liked where Grigorenko’s game is at right now, praising his work ethic and improved ability to protect the puck in particular. Roy says he’s curious to see how Grigorenko will play in more than a couple of games with Duchene and MacKinnon, indicating that he’s willing to give Grigorenko an extended look on the top line.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Leafs get rid of a bad contract but damn...they didnt get **** for Dion lol

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
Great deal for the leafs. Acquired a bunch of expiring contracts and got rid of a really bad one in Phaneuf. They cleared lots of room for Stamkos

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo
Jesus **** what a trade.

If they do end up with Stamkos, meh. We already have him in division. Much as I'd love to see the Leafs be middling/terrible forever.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Good deal for both sides.

Leafs get out from under Phaneuf's inflated cap hit and clear more space for their run at Stamkos (or other UFAs).

Sens fill a gaping hole in their lineup. Phaneuf should be a beast next to Karlsson OR form a really nice 2nd pairing with Ceci.

Both sides did well.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Good deal for both sides.

Leafs get out from under Phaneuf's inflated cap hit and clear more space for their run at Stamkos (or other UFAs).

Sens fill a gaping hole in their lineup. Phaneuf should be a beast next to Karlsson OR form a really nice 2nd pairing with Ceci.

Both sides did well.

Never considered the Stamkos angle until i saw a few people post something about it. Makes sense. I was wondering if Toronto was ever going to get to move Phaneuf. I guess in a world where Clarkson and Pronger can be traded, anyone can be traded. :laugh:

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
I like it for Ottawa, Phanuef isnt as bad as people think. Having Karlsson there helps him a ton and toronto media nonsense is gone.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
A vacated captaincy? Might just give Stamkos that much more incentive to sign in Toronto...not that he needs much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad