Around the NHL 2014-15 part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
They try that with Perry and Kesler pretty routinely.

Kesler yes - the first PP goal of the year was a one timer. But Perry very rarely one times anything on the PP. If he is in the middle he usually stops the puck first and turns to face the net before firing it.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Kesler yes - the first PP goal of the year was a one timer. But Perry very rarely one times anything on the PP. If he is in the middle he usually stops the puck first and turns to face the net before firing it.

He does, but they run another set where Perry hangs out to the left and takes slapshots as well. He just never scores on them.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Those are some interesting charges Prust made. Regardless of the d'bag that he may be, if his accusations are true Watson should be fired on the spot. There's a difference between calling a game to be in control and verbally abusing any player by calling him names and inflaming an already bad situation.

The video sure shows Watson lecturing him in the box. The key would be just what was actually said. And interestingly enough the penalty box keeper was right there. If the league has the guts they can find out exactly who said what.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
End of an era in NJ... Lamoriello steps down from the GM position, Shero hired.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Common theme of the second round so far, the teams that are weak down the middle (CGY/NYR/MTL) have struggled to generate offense.

Last edited:

Ando

Keyboard Warrior
Oct 18, 2014
Central Coast, CA
I don't get tired of seeing that Geico-Backstrom commercial. And that other commercial with Backstrom skating is pretty sweet too.

Nurmagomedov

Apr 13, 2015
Rangers can't score.

Yeah, i thought that was peculiar but then i looked at their forward lines:

Nash Brassard St.Louis
Kreider Stepan Miller
Hagelin Hayes Fast
Glass Moore Shepard

With Nash and St.Louis disappearing from the scoresheet there really isn't much potency there. Not many of those bottom sixers make the Ducks, Hawks or Wild lineup.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Yeah, i thought that was peculiar but then i looked at their forward lines:

Nash Brassard St.Louis
Kreider Stepan Miller
Hagelin Hayes Fast
Glass Moore Shepard

With Nash and St.Louis disappearing from the scoresheet there really isn't much potency there. Not many of those bottom sixers make the Ducks, Hawks or Wild lineup.

I think the problem is at the top, not in the bottom 6. Hagelin and Hayes are above average 3rd liners. Moore is a great 4C. Fast is ok and Sheppard is serviceable as a 4th liner. The problem is Stepan and Brassard. Both are good 2Cs. Neither are good enough to play for a cup contender on a 1st line. There's not enough offensive talent and creativity between the two of them and with Nash's annual disappearance act post April and St. Louis having lost a couple of steps there's not enough there to scare opposing Ds.

Nurmagomedov

Apr 13, 2015
The problem is Stepan and Brassard. Both are good 2Cs. Neither are good enough to play for a cup contender on a 1st line. There's not enough offensive talent and creativity between the two of them and with Nash's annual disappearance act post April and St. Louis having lost a couple of steps there's not enough there to scare opposing Ds.

Agreed. My points about not much potency and poorish bottom-6 were separate thoughts entirely. They lack firepower all through the lineup and it's ofcourse most apparent at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad