Around the NHL 2014-15 part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Will this series end like the Ducks series ended in 2013? Lightning losing to Wings in game 7 with Stamkos scoring 0 goals the entire series?

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I can't believe how many Detroit fans with a straight face can say that the NHL wants Tampa Bay in the playoffs over them. They're one of the only 6 teams worth watching as far as the NHL is concerned.

TheGoodShepard

Mar 29, 2014
I can't believe how many Detroit fans with a straight face can say that the NHL wants Tampa Bay in the playoffs over them. They're one of the only 6 teams worth watching as far as the NHL is concerned.

Bettman's gotta help those poor Sun Belt teams, dont'cha know?

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
The only wrong guess on my bracket has been Nashville over Hawks, not including the amount of games, to which I've only guessed right once (Minny in 5).

And I have Nashville going to the conference finals, so at least one of my second round picks is wrong.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
It looks like the Hawks got Artemi Panarin. This can turn out great for them. Where are our FA signings???

The last college/European signing we had that worked out was what 8 years ago in Dustin Penner? I wouldn't get your hopes up, this team is built through drafting and trading.

Edit: if you count goalies it was probably Hiller.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
The last college/European signing we had that worked out was what 8 years ago in Dustin Penner? I wouldn't get your hopes up, this team is built through drafting and trading.

Edit: if you count goalies it was probably Hiller.

There was a period of time where we were churning out top 6 players from undrafted signings (Penner, Andy Mac, Kunitz), but you're right, they haven't had nearly as much success at that since BM took over

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
There was a period of time where we were churning out top 6 players from undrafted signings (Penner, Andy Mac, Kunitz), but you're right, they haven't had nearly as much success at that since BM took over

College scouting is much more well traveled ground now though. It's basically just a bidding war now, where before it was about signing guys that nobody else had noticed.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
College scouting is much more well traveled ground now though. It's basically just a bidding war now, where before it was about signing guys that nobody else had noticed.

Yeah, same thing happened in baseball with Latin born players. After a batch of successful under the radar pickups, it's now the Yankees/Red Sox/Dodgers just writing blank checks to sign these players

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
Rags fans whining about Boyle being boarded on the final play. If you watch the replay, he sees backstrom coming and purposely turns his back and hips to backstrom. No pity from me here. If you are dumb enough to willingly put your body in danger you suffer the consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad