Around the NHL 2014-15, Part II - Stanley Cup Playoffs Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
You've got it backwards, 17 pts in 27 games. I damn near had a heart attack reading that the first time :laugh:

Those numbers are flipped, for those as confused as I was. 17 points in 27 games. Still very good for a waiver claim.

You just spared me to doublecheck. Couldn't believe my eyes. :laugh: Still, very impressive that he's doing so great over there.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Wasn't sure where to post this but I was surprised to find out Nestrasil is roughly at PPG over his last 10ish games. 17 pts in 27 games for the Hurricanes so far.

Is this just a product of him getting more minutes and higher quality ice time because he plays on a bad team? Or are we going to regret waiving him?

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Wasn't sure where to post this but I was surprised to find out Nestrasil is roughly at PPG over his last 10ish games. 17 pts in 27 games for the Hurricanes so far.

Is this just a product of him getting more minutes and higher quality ice time because he plays on a bad team? Or are we going to regret waiving him?

since he became carolina hurricane, he has the highest points relative minutes of all hurricane players.

he has very high on-ice sh% 5on5; almost 10%. so almost every 10th shot goes in when he's on the ice 5on5. that's mostly randomness, as there are only select few players who can maintain that high on-ice sh% long-term. basically all are elite players.

however, he does seem to drive the play pretty well. so it's not all luck that he has played at that pace.

he seems to face middle-line/pair competition and doesn't get a lot of high quality ice time. not sheltered, but not hard minutes either.

not sure if we'll regret waiving him (atm he looks like solid to good 3rd liner who can be top 6/9 tweener) but he seems to be good player.

Aug 6, 2012
Watching MTL's powerplay right now reminds me of our old powerplay... having two men at the point just isn't a successful strategy.

Brandel*

Am i missing something or is there no way to see point lead by position on NHL.com? Whether it's available and i'm just missing it or not the new stats update was the biggest failure

edit: im dumb, found it. still super annoying. the enhanced stats on there are completely useless, wrong stats and no filters

I feel there are a decent amount of defencemen having underrated seasons. Notably Tyson Barrie & Justin Faulk. Barrie 2 points off leading his team, Faulk is leading his team.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI

I'm glad to read this, I like Thornton more as time goes by (and we don't have to contend with them as often). This season he is yet again proving his haters wrong. Good the younger guys "shrink/shirk" in big Joe's presence. I'm not sure if they are insinuating that this could be holding back Pavelski and Couture but it's the natural progression. There is always one who is the lion, and the younger cubs may resent him. But when when their time comes they will hold the power and fully appreciate that elder then.

Choker did you read the newer players tribune article by Scott Gomez? Wow that was an interesting read. These pros are human too. I'm enjoying the players articles, so well written I know they get help but still impressive.

Scott Gomez- Not Done

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Choker did you read the newer players tribune article by Scott Gomez? Wow that was an interesting read. These pros are human too. I'm enjoying the players articles, so well written I know they get help but still impressive.

Scott Gomez- Not Done

i did. a good one, very inspiring. pretty much all the players tribune articles are real good. really like that players are doing that.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Stephen Whyno ‏@SWhyno 5m5 minutes ago
Victorious Ken Holland, who's wanted 3-on-3 for a while, said it's going to competition committee and "We're going to make a change."

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 33m33 minutes ago
In any case, as long as NHLPA doesn't veto it, there will be some form of 3 on 3 OT in the NHL next season.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Stephen Whyno ‏@SWhyno 5m5 minutes ago
Victorious Ken Holland, who's wanted 3-on-3 for a while, said it's going to competition committee and "We're going to make a change."

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 33m33 minutes ago
In any case, as long as NHLPA doesn't veto it, there will be some form of 3 on 3 OT in the NHL next season.

Jimmy Howard when he heard this:
leonard-dicaprio-dancing.gif

Brandel*

Beautiful goal in OT for Ottawa...wow

Karlsson to Turris to Stone

edit:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England

Scott Gomez- Not Done

Part of me wondered if I didn’t show up one day if they’d even notice I was gone. I was like George Costanza in Seinfeld.

Ouch :laugh:

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Isn't San Antonio closer than Portland? I haven't been following the AHL changes. Is this because Arizona is affiliating with San Antonio?

I've been assuming it's because Florida is looking at relocating in the near future and they're laying their ground work by establishing their AHL affiliate out there.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I've been assuming it's because Florida is looking at relocating in the near future and they're laying their ground work by establishing their AHL affiliate out there.

5 hours from Quebec City... Weird ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad