Around the NHL 2014-15, Part II - Stanley Cup Playoffs Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
New thread smell.

So who do we think from the recently traded players is going to blow up on his new team? I noticed Yandle didn't get any points last night, but the Rangers did a job on the Preds.

Timonen is probably the most underrated pickup. I kind of hate he went to the Blackhawks. I wanted to root for that guy.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Timonen's a good pick. He's in a nice spot in Chicago, and he won't be asked to do too much.

I could see Chris Stewart going on a run for Minny. A new team, so he's got motivation, and he's always had the raw ability to be a good player.

I think Wisniewski will be the most underwhelming move of the bigger names that changed teams.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Timonen's a good pick. He's in a nice spot in Chicago, and he won't be asked to do too much.

I could see Chris Stewart going on a run for Minny. A new team, so he's got motivation, and he's always had the raw ability to be a good player.

I think Wisniewski will be the most underwhelming move of the bigger names that changed teams.

I would have loved Kimmo over Zidlicky, to be honest. Rather have used the second on him.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
pens made good and bad moves. should be obvious which one was bad move. GJ, JR.

preds made solid moves, ducks made very good imo. liked tampa's moves. hawks, very nice moves, habs added some depth without giving up much. meh on blues, caps and bruins. glencross could be useful though.

Brandel*

Re: last thread. Babcock to Anaheim makes sense to me, not sure if there are rumors from actual sources, but I see no reason why he wouldn't want to coach there. Competitive team, loves Getzlaf, previously lived there. Regarding the "he wouldn't want to go where he previously coached" I don't get that at all, the reason he left was because of Burke. Anaheim and Pittsburgh are the only destinations that concern me.

(Didn't know about these when I posted but just googled for rumors and found them, they're actually from last week)

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
anaheim has at least some sort of budget.

i don't think that would prevent them from signing babs but babs might not want go to a place where team might not want to spend as much as other contenders.

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada
Re: last thread. Babcock to Anaheim makes sense to me, not sure if there are rumors from actual sources, but I see no reason why he wouldn't want to coach there. Competitive team, loves Getzlaf, previously lived there. Regarding the "he wouldn't want to go where he previously coached" I don't get that at all, the reason he left was because of Burke. Anaheim and Pittsburgh are the only destinations that concern me.

(Didn't know about these when I posted but just googled for rumors and found them, they're actually from last week)

The rumors about Getzlaf and Babcock are true. He likes him but Detroit has many players I'm sure Babcock feels the same about or likes even more. Z, Pav, Cleary, Kronwall.

Hard to say if he would just leave especially where this team is now and the future. I tried to sneak one in there.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
That guy didn't seem to be aware how that's gonna be like when everything spins out of control. First broadcasted live and meanwhile retweeted quite a lot (500-600 times or something?).
Could be ugly for him soon enough.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
That guy didn't seem to be aware how that's gonna be like when everything spins out of control. First broadcasted live and meanwhile retweeted quite a lot (500-600 times or something?).
Could be ugly for him soon enough.

This is a good time to mention that sometimes we scrub posts from the forum because if your "rumor" or "I heard from my buddy" post goes viral, it could end up in legal action. I think it's silly, but it's the truth of the matter.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
So, the Preds basically didn't lose any back-to-back games in regulation until facing us last saturday. And directly lost the next one tonight after yesterdays loss.
Doesn't has to say much, but I wonder how they finish the season anyways.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
New thread smell.

So who do we think from the recently traded players is going to blow up on his new team? I noticed Yandle didn't get any points last night, but the Rangers did a job on the Preds.

Timonen is probably the most underrated pickup. I kind of hate he went to the Blackhawks. I wanted to root for that guy.

I don't know about 'blowing up', but I can see Clarkson being highly effective in C-bus where he isn't expected to be an elite scorer. Being in a hockey backwater like Ohio and out of the media glare should help him refocus.

Vermette has a chance to shine with better talent around him.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I don't know about 'blowing up', but I can see Clarkson being highly effective in C-bus where he isn't expected to be an elite scorer. Being in a hockey backwater like Ohio and out of the media glare should help him refocus.

Vermette has a chance to shine with better talent around him.

Most of what made us say better talent is on that shelf. Lets face it that vaunted Hawks second line right now, has a struggling Sharp enduring his worst season since he was a Flyer and now a guy with a broken Collarbone out for three months.

They finally landed that 2C in Chicago, just in time to play with Kris Versteeg or Andrew Shaw and a mentally broken Patrick Sharp if Q even feels like putting him back there. :laugh:

They are going to need playoff Bickell, right now they don't matchup all that well with Nashville or St. Louis. We will see they got aggressive, but it certainly doesn't look like it is going to be the Hawks year at all. I don't see them running the gauntlet of St. Louis, Nashville and then probably LA. Not with the way they have been playing all year and heck that was with Kane I didn't like their chances.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
I still think a banged up Hawks team is superior to a fully healthy Yotes. Cup contender? Not likely this year, but still, a better situation for Vermette.

I'm sure Sharp was praying for a trade from his hot mess.

Some Random Guy

Apr 7, 2014
This is a good time to mention that sometimes we scrub posts from the forum because if your "rumor" or "I heard from my buddy" post goes viral, it could end up in legal action. I think it's silly, but it's the truth of the matter.

Loving the new avatar.

It's kind of sad that you guys have to remove those posts.

I'm also glad that Phaneuf didn't make it in a Wings jersey. The guy has an attitude like that? Suing people when the guy has more money than a pylon would ever need? Totally pathetic. I've no respect for the guy. All of this over an accident that hurt his feelings? Can't this guy have sex with Elisha Cuthbert and wash his tears away with hundies? Doesn't the guy have a money phone like E. Kane?

Maybe he is as toxic in the locker room as people've suggested.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Fair enough to mention that Lupul is part of that lawsuit as well. And you don't really know, who came up with that "idea". Cuthbert shouldn't be so "innocent" either, considering her status.

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada
Ovg1PhS.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->