Status
Not open for further replies.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Uh oh, the horseshoe fell out of Crawford's ***.:laugh:

Right? I've been waiting for that.

I'm also happy to see Kesler having a monster playoffs. Have I mentioned how much I like Kesler on this page? Wins draws, hits, defensive beast, increases scoring in the playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Man, I just do not care about the playoffs anymore. I wasn't like this last year I don't think, but this year it's just enough. I'm so looking forward to the draft and then free agency. Everything is just so boring right now.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Man, I just do not care about the playoffs anymore. I wasn't like this last year I don't think, but this year it's just enough. I'm so looking forward to the draft and then free agency. Everything is just so boring right now.

Tampa Bay and Anaheim, All I need to say, Let's not forget that everyone Hates Chicago and Martin St louis as well

Same teams with Chicago and NYR.. LA. Boston/Montreal making the finals/ecf every year

we need a New jersey to pick up the pace. or a New Canadian team

Aug 6, 2012

Interesting... I've found this playoffs to be really entertaining. A Tampa v. Anaheim series would be awesome.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Did anyone see his second goal?

Like, I know you have to be good to be lucky, but that's just throwing the puck on net from a horrible angle out of desperation.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I think he is one of the most overrated stars in NHL history.

I know. You've said it countless times.

But after awhile, when you continually score big goals in big games, then just acknowledge the guy is clutch and be done with it.

I understand not liking a Hawks player, as Wings fans. But a spade is a spade.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills

But after awhile, when you continually score big goals in big games, then just acknowledge the guy is clutch and be done with it.

Honestly, people look at Toews like people looked at Yzerman when he was winning.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Honestly, people look at Toews like people looked at Yzerman when he was winning.

Well, I don't look at him on a level as Yzerman at all. If that is happening, than it shouldn't be.

But
1) He steps his game up in the play-offs
2) He scores big goals when his team needs it

So, I understand why he gets praise. Those are admirable things.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Well, I don't look at him on a level as Yzerman at all. If that is happening, than it shouldn't be.

But
1) He steps his game up in the play-offs
2) He scores big goals when his team needs it

So, I understand why he gets praise. Those are admirable things.

Definitely not on the same level, but a lot of the criticisms toward Toews were applied to Yzerman at times. Like that he whines or whatever.

Aug 6, 2012
Toews is a beast and almost always shows up in the big moments. Dude is clutch as hell. Same can be said for Kane and Keith. Give me that trio over any other in the league.

Actual Thought*

Definitely not on the same level, but a lot of the criticisms toward Toews were applied to Yzerman at times. Like that he whines or whatever.

Before winning the cup I remember headlines asking if Yzerman was a primadonna. The first 14 years if his career he wasn't quite the legendary leader that the media made him post cup. He was always great of course but he got elevated to Messier myth status after he won.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I watch Hawks games, and Toews isn't the guy who stands out to me. Most nights it's Kane, occasionally Hossa, almost always I see Keith and feel hot burning envy for the Hawks having him instead of us. Toews is a nice player and all, and he's the captain of the best franchise in the game for the past five or six years, but I just don't get hit with the special stick when I watch him.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008

It helps when you have a team that can make it to the conference finals every single year.

I would like to see his clutch to actual potential clutch moments ratio. I can think of only a handful of times he clutched it out depending on the definition.

And I will keep saying he is overrated on these boards as long as people think he is clutch on these boards. I know, it's a crazy opinion here.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I watch Hawks games, and Toews isn't the guy who stands out to me. Most nights it's Kane, occasionally Hossa, almost always I see Keith and feel hot burning envy for the Hawks having him instead of us. Toews is a nice player and all, and he's the captain of the best franchise in the game for the past five or six years, but I just don't get hit with the special stick when I watch him.

Yeah, for my money, Kane is the best player on the team, followed by Keith. But really it's just a spoil of riches and picking the best from that group is like going back 10 years and asking who of Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Lidstrom is best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad