Around the NHL 2014-15, Part II - Stanley Cup Playoffs Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Aaron Ward ‏@TSNAaronWard 5m5 minutes ago
More bad news for Boston Bruins. Brett Connolly takes shot to hand in practice and the initial results show its broken. #TSN

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Was Nationwide Arena built on an Indian burial ground?

They're currently consulting with the foremost authority on this topic.

Poltergeist-poltergeist-8029978-462-371.jpg

Brandel*

Predators have just lost their 5th game in a row in regulation

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
They peaked too early

(reference to everyone on the main board calling for the Hawks demise in the lockout shortened season before they won the cup :P)

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Not to mention that Rinne couldn't keep his outstanding performance up. That injury got in his way. He was their main insurance during the peak.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
the more I think about it the less I care what seed the Wings end up with this year,there just plain aren't any Playoff teams this year I particularly want the Wings to play,everything just feels so even

honestly at this point if I had to pick a team I think I would go with Pittsburgh and with the way the playoff matchups are set up that seems pretty unlikely(they aren't falling to 8th and 3 vs 6/4 vs 5 has been replaced with the division stuff so they would need to be exactly 7th and the Wings would need to be 2nd and things are just so clustered)

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
the more I think about it the less I care what seed the Wings end up with this year,there just plain aren't any Playoff teams this year I particularly want the Wings to play,everything just feels so even

honestly at this point if I had to pick a team I think I would go with Pittsburgh and with the way the playoff matchups are set up that seems pretty unlikely(they aren't falling to 8th and 3 vs 6/4 vs 5 has been replaced with the division stuff so they would need to be exactly 7th and the Wings would need to be 2nd and things are just so clustered)

Eventually you're going to run into a great team, round 1 or round 3. Might as well get it over with, is my philosophy. Iron sharpens iron, you know?

The Wings overcoming a big challenge in Anaheim the other year really propelled them to almost knock out Chicago. On the flip side, they ran into a brick wall with Boston last year. So that can go both ways, no question.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Eventually you're going to run into a great team, round 1 or round 3. Might as well get it over with, is my philosophy. Iron sharpens iron, you know?

The Wings overcoming a big challenge in Anaheim the other year really propelled them to almost knock out Chicago. On the flip side, they ran into a brick wall with Boston last year. So that can go both ways, no question.

I'd rather play a team like the Pens later on personally. Wings are built on depth and I expect the team to be more and more competitive as the playoffs move on. Injuries other than on star players(like every team) won't hurt us as much as it would on some of the other teams imo. Winning the first two rounds when the teams are somewhat fresh is key.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Michael Rappaport ‏@RappaportNYR 3m3 minutes ago
Cam Talbot is the 1st NYR goalie other than Lundqvist to be 1 of the NHL's 3 Stars of the Week since Richter for the week ending on 1/23/00.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Michael Rappaport ‏@RappaportNYR 3m3 minutes ago
Cam Talbot is the 1st NYR goalie other than Lundqvist to be 1 of the NHL's 3 Stars of the Week since Richter for the week ending on 1/23/00.

So who makes who great?

Preds lost something like 5 in a row.

Oct 18, 2006
Jarnkrok was a healthy scratch tonight.
Has been a couple times recently. Was probably because of a goal he was on the ice for the other night. Was bumped off the puck way too easily, and they went in and scored. He still lacks the physicality required, I wonder if he ever will. He's 23 now, still young of course, but given he was drafted like 5 years ago he should've developed a little more strength by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad