Around the NHL 2014-15, Part II - Stanley Cup Playoffs Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 34m34 minutes ago
Brendan Shanahan tells media at today's morning skate Nazem Kadri won't play the next two games.

another execuse not to dress a player and be as worst team as possible. legally.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Shanny did a little media today explaining Nazem has made a habit of not being punctual and that they see him as part of their future. Shanny admitted to having gone through the same experience when he was young and needing a wake up call about professionalism. I don't think anything more will come of it.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Shanny did a little media today explaining Nazem has made a habit of not being punctual and that they see him as part of their future. Shanny admitted to having gone through the same experience when he was young and needing a wake up call about professionalism. I don't think anything more will come of it.

:laugh: Yeah I'm sure he's gunna want to stick around the next 5 years whilst the leafs stink even more than they do now, whilst at the same time receiving punitive suspensions for minor offences :laugh:

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007

which I dont fully buy it. Kadri is their premier player and if he's late you scratch him for maybe 1 game or two to send a message. why scratch him for additional two after the 1st one expired? a change or heart? I think not. This additional 2 games and hoopla is little out of ordinary. I mean you can murder a player on ice and can be suspended less than that.
If Leafs were actually trying to win and weren't fighting to get as low as possible in the standing, they wouldn't have scratched their 1-2C for 3 games. If Nyquist had a habit of being late, can you imagine wings or any other organization other than the ones fighting for McJesus, punish a guy like Nyquist for 2 additional games after the their initial 1 game punishment expires? What’s the reason? Why didn’t they punish him for 3 games from the beginning? I don’t know about you but I think there’s reason to doubt Leafs motive.

which comes back to a discussion about Shanahan. what exactly is his role? if he's a president, why is he acting like a GM receiving all the spotlight? In my humble crazy opinion, the reason he took on this role is because he saw it as an opportunity to become the saviour of maple leafs and move on to (maybe) other career. In order to do that, the team needs to go as low as possible in points because there is alot riding on this draft. Same as trading Homophobic Sluroof for a king's ransom and getting Babcock.

But here’s the thing. He has a very low probability of turning it around. I’m not saying it’s not possible but he’s doing it wrong and he doesn’t have the experience to back it up. Also, before he will be able to, the city will devour him.

Just my 2c.

Last edited:

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
:laugh: Yeah I'm sure he's gunna want to stick around the next 5 years whilst the leafs stink even more than they do now, whilst at the same time receiving punitive suspensions for minor offences :laugh:

I'd suggest watching Shanny's press bit, you're making it seem way worse than it is IMO. Definitely not needing to wrap laughing faces around your text bad.

which I dont fully buy it. Kadri is their premier player and if he's late you scratch him for maybe 1 game or two to send a message. why scratch him for additional two after the 1st one expired? a change or heart? I think not. This additional 2 games and hoopla is little out of ordinary. I mean you can murder a player on ice and can be suspended less than that.
If Leafs were actually trying to win and weren't fighting to get as low as possible in the standing, they wouldn't have scratched their 1-2C for 3 games. If Nyquist had a habit of being late, can you imagine wings or any other organization other than the ones fighting for McJesus, punish a guy like Nyquist for 2 additional games after the their initial 1 game punishment expires? What’s the reason? Why didn’t they punish him for 3 games from the beginning? I don’t know about you but I think there’s reason to doubt Leafs motive.

which comes back to a discussion about Shanahan. what exactly is his role? if he's a president, why is he acting like a GM receiving all the spotlight? In my humble crazy opinion, the reason he took on this role is because he saw it as an opportunity to become the saviour of maple leafs and move on to (maybe) other career. In order to do that, the team needs to go as low as possible in points because there is alot riding on this draft. Same as trading Homophobic Sluroof for a king's ransom and getting Babcock.

But here’s the thing. He has a very low probability of turning it around. I’m not saying it’s not possible but he’s doing it wrong and he doesn’t have the experience to back it up. Also, before he will be able to, the city will devour him.

Just my 2c.

Apparently it was decided to be 3 games all along according to Shanny. He was also late to more than just one or two things by the sounds of it.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
I'd suggest watching Shanny's press bit, you're making it seem way worse than it is IMO. Definitely not needing to wrap laughing faces around your text bad.

Apparently it was decided to be 3 games all along according to Shanny. He was also late to more than just one or two things by the sounds of it.

yeah i knew it wasnt just one time thing. we will see.. maybe there is none more to it and maybe I've read too many conspiracy theories lately. :laugh:

However whether there's more to it or not, it does make Leafs a worse team which will benefit Shanahan at the end.

Brandel*

random thought

puck is rolling towards the empty net, the defending player is skating back to get it, offensive player behind him should just blatantly trip him/get a clear penalty, gets delayed penalty but puck rolls in anyway

i feel like the nhl should be more strict on these type of things, goals shouldn't count on delayed penalties. there are too many opportunities in the nhl to get beneficial penalties, especially at the end of games.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England

But Kadri said it was the first time he'd done something like this, so, who to believe....?

The fact that Toronto are in full on McTank mode is entirely coincidental :sarcasm:

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Boychuk signed an extension with NYI for $ 42m/7 years. Just like last offseason, an AAV of $ 6m seems to be the threshold for good defensemen. I'd like to see Marchenko getting an extended look in order to determine how much the Red Wings need another RHD. Unless something crazy happens, the Red Wings will finish third in ther division and be the underdog in any playoff series.

Gruß,
BSHH

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Doug Wilson should be fired. He has worn out his welcome in SJ and refuses to accept the fact that the current Sharks core is never going to win a cup, and will only get worse.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

Good for Thornton, he is afford the protection of a NMC, he negotiated it. He wants to be there and Wilson gave it to him. Then he has spent almost the entire time since the ink dried trying to think of ways to get out of it. Well Thornton is right he can pound sand and shut his mouth.

I am sorry what the Sharks organization is trying to do to Marleau and Thornton is classless. They have gone about it all wrong and because of that level of disrespect, they should never get what they want. I might waive my NMC if I am one of those two, but I will only do it for the new GM and to the team of my choosing.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Yep, pretty much.

211jhax.jpg

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Good for Thornton, he is afford the protection of a NMC, he negotiated it. He wants to be there and Wilson gave it to him. Then he has spent almost the entire time since the ink dried trying to think of ways to get out of it. Well Thornton is right he can pound sand and shut his mouth.

I am sorry what the Sharks organization is trying to do to Marleau and Thornton is classless. They have gone about it all wrong and because of that level of disrespect, they should never get what they want. I might waive my NMC if I am one of those two, but I will only do it for the new GM and to the team of my choosing.

Seconded. Everything Wilson has done with that team since they lost to the Kings has been a gong show.

Oct 18, 2006
Nestrasil has 27 points in 17 games with Carolina. Very impressive. He is so smart with the puck, has such good hands to make plays. Good in him, he's really thriving getting good minutes including PP time.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Nestrasil has 27 points in 17 games with Carolina. Very impressive. He is so smart with the puck, has such good hands to make plays. Good in him, he's really thriving getting good minutes including PP time.

You've got it backwards, 17 pts in 27 games. I damn near had a heart attack reading that the first time :laugh:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

Those numbers are flipped, for those as confused as I was. 17 points in 27 games. Still very good for a waiver claim.

This isn't surprising. He's getting way more minutes than he deserves on a non-playoff team. You're looking at a team where their leading scorer is a defender with 45 points. The Wings have 4 guys with more points than that.

This is pretty similar to what Jarnkrok did at the end of last year in Nashville when he was getting playing time above his standing. Soon as the Preds were a competitive team this year, he's now a borderline scratch on that roster. For those playing at home, he has 1 point in the last 14 games. 2 points in the last 20.

Nestrasil is a decent young player, and it stinks he got claimed on the waiver wire, but if he's one of your top 6 players you're icing a team that's going to pick in the top 5. But yeah, the fact that a guy like Cleary didn't hit the waiver wire first does kind of rub salt in the wound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad