Around the NHL 2013-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Winnipeg also taking calls on Evander Kane, and Montreal taking calls on Max Pacioretty, but both players not being shopped.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Winnipeg also taking calls on Evander Kane, and Montreal taking calls on Max Pacioretty, but both players not being shopped.

Patches would probably be cheaper than Kane, have to think they would be dying to get their hands on Ouellet up there. Not that I would be thrilled to move him but Patches is a guy I could see fitting in with our dressing room beautifully. He gets dinged up a little too often, but you hear wonderful things about his work ethic and I really think he would fit in well.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Patches would probably be cheaper than Kane, have to think they would be dying to get their hands on Ouellet up there. Not that I would be thrilled to move him but Patches is a guy I could see fitting in with our dressing room beautifully. He gets dinged up a little too often, but you hear wonderful things about his work ethic and I really think he would fit in well.

Yeah, me too. I'd prefer having him here rather than Kane, but who am I kidding, Detroit will never make a trade like this.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010

I agree, but it is worth noting that Montreal may want more from us as a division rival than they would from other teams.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Since Yzerman took over, he's drafted Namestnikov and Vasilevskiy (with Detroit's pick in 2012) in the 1st round and Kucherov in the 2nd.

Nesterov and Gusev were drafted in the 5th round or later and let's see if they ever make the NHL.

So three Russians in the first two rounds. If they all bolt to the KHL, Tampa doesn't look great. Worse comes to worse Marchenko leaves for Russia in the future and we lose a 7th rounder.

As I mentioned earlier... it is a big time risk/reward methodology.

Honestly between Kucherov and Vasilevskiy, they have a good shot of one being a home run pick, which almost makes the others irrelevant. And Namestinkov was already playing in North America prior to the draft, so not sure he really fits in.

When you look at Washington and where they are able to grab their Russians, it's pretty darn impressive. Varlamov (25th), Kuznetsov (26th), and Orlov (55th) are very talented guys to get at that stage in the draft. Even Semin at 13th is great value, when you consider his skill level vs his draft position.

So you run the risk of losing the pick altogether, and the guy staying in Russia. Or you hit a home-run and get a early 1st round talent in the last 1st or 2nd round.

Me myself, I'm a bit of a gambler ;)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I saw someone post "you don't pay that much for your 6/7 dman" in the thread on TR&FA board

Had to resist making a Quincey reference :laugh:

You could also make the point that our present 4th line makes 9+ mil. Or 3mil/player on average :laugh:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Klesla has looked very poor coming off that injury. Is playing an extremely tentative game and really has lost almost all of his physicality since having his lights turned out. Fair to say scouts said since this is what made him a passable player in the first place to steer clear would be my guess.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Steve Lepore ‏@stevelepore 7 min
Damian Brunner is scratched. Technically, it's for Mattias Tedenby. But it's far more cruel and interesting if you say it's for Cam Janssen.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
George Malik ‏@georgemalik
Wait, so Mark Gandler's Dmitry Orlov's agent. Now I understand EVERYTHING. See also: Yashin and every other Russian who's asked for a trade.

malik showing great understanding of the situation again.

Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 11 h
Leafs go final 25 minutes without a shot. Fail to land one in OT after empty third.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
The B's/Rangers game was pretty fun this afternoon. A nice chippy affair to watch from the couch as the tryptophan from my turkey sandwich kicked in :)

Gotta love those intense rivalry games. Not like the "Rivalry Night" games that NBC hypes up which usually seem to be a random match up of teams, but a good game between 2 teams that genuinely don't like each other. Hoping the Wings develop that type of rivalry with one or two of their new division foes.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Scratch Robidas off the potential trade list, ugly injury tonight, really unfortunate for him, fractured leg or ankle.

Like the Stamkos one this comes with a disclaimer don't click on it if you don't want to watch this, it bothered me more than the Stamkos one for instance. I think it is broken before he goes into the boards, but the movement it makes there had me a little upset.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Scratch Robidas off the potential trade list, ugly injury tonight, really unfortunate for him, fractured leg or ankle.

Like the Stamkos one this comes with a disclaimer don't click on it if you don't want to watch this, it bothered me more than the Stamkos one for instance. I think it is broken before he goes into the boards, but the movement it makes there had me a little upset.

Pretty clear break there. His skate came down at a funny angle, perhaps because it caught part of the puck before it hit the ice, and something went snap.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
After watching the Toronto vs Montreal game tonight I have to say I will get great enjoyment out of the drw vs canadien series in the regular season this year. Think with the two teams as long as neither of the teams are slumping it will be a good series to catch.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
After watching the Toronto vs Montreal game tonight I have to say I will get great enjoyment out of the drw vs canadien series in the regular season this year. Think with the two teams as long as neither of the teams are slumping it will be a good series to catch.

I also am eager to see how our 2 teams matchup when we play each other, too bad we have to wait until late January for it to happen.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
I also am eager to see how our 2 teams matchup when we play each other, too bad we have to wait until late January for it to happen.

Yeah mate it sucks that two of the three season series I was most interested in our division this year start so late (montreal and toronto). Boston has been kinda anti climactic as well because we have played 3 of the 4 games with them before dec 1st as well. Oh well hope for next year's schedual to be better as far as the original six regular season series go :handclap:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad