Around the NHL 2013-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Edmonton is going to be fun to watch this upcoming season, probably for years to come. Eberle, Hall, Yakapov, are finally putting together the insane stunts they've attempted in the past but fell just short, it's like a whole new brand of hockey. Petry is looking a lot more solid right now and they have some extremely gifted prospects in the pool. I could imagine them finally beating out Van. for a playoff spot.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Clarkson will start his massively overpaid contract in the press box for the first ten.

Scott tries to goon up Kessel because his teammate got worked in a fight. Kessel just gives him lumber, hard to see at first but sure enough Clarkson comes right off the bench to get Scott after he is tackled down then the goalies start fighting. Pretty crazy, but cannot believe Clarkson hoped off the bench for this it was under control for the most part, they got Scott away from Kessel.

John Scott has no actual function in the game of hockey this is the exact clown you need out of the game.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Edmonton is going to be fun to watch this upcoming season, probably for years to come. Eberle, Hall, Yakapov, are finally putting together the insane stunts they've attempted in the past but fell just short, it's like a whole new brand of hockey. Petry is looking a lot more solid right now and they have some extremely gifted prospects in the pool. I could imagine them finally beating out Van. for a playoff spot.

Probably not too much fun for the first month plus without a single top 6 center. Also wonder if Taylor Hall can survive skating with his head down all the time in the center role. They might be without 3 top 6 players within the first month with him attempting to center a line. Guessing Eberle will now have to center the second, that whole thing is a mess now.

Gagner out indefinitely with a broken jaw from last night
RNH out for at least the first month from off-season surgery

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Lengthy suspension for Clarkson, I'd think. Not the way you want your big FA acquisition to spend nearly 1/8 of the season.

It's a mandatory 10. Kessel likely will start the season out of the lineup as well for swinging his stick like that, even though I don't fault him.

Will be interesting to see what they do with Scott and the Sabres coach. I guess they can attach what happened afterwards all on Scott and give him some games, good news bad news for us if they do since we open with them. He is useless, but at least he cannot do some of this stuff to our stars, what a total idiot targeting Kessel like that.

RedWingsNow*

John Scott started it -- but nothing he did was suspension worthy.

RedWingsNow*

Add -- Tough for the Leafs that Clarkson gets boned for 10 games, but worth it in the long run.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
John Scott started it -- but nothing he did was suspension worthy.

Kind of what I think, although if the puck didn't drop yet hard to tell on the video I can see it happening if it wasn't all the way down yet. Think they can ring him up for something, but like you said on the surface there isn't much to do here in terms of him. Will be interesting to see what happens when it comes down.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Lengthy suspension for Clarkson, I'd think. Not the way you want your big FA acquisition to spend nearly 1/8 of the season.

He deserves it. Stupid move coming off the bench for that. Kessel should sit for awhile for the multiple stick incidents, including the apparent though minor, spear at the end. I wouldn't be surprised if the Sabres' coach got hit with something, too.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Clarkson will start his massively overpaid contract in the press box for the first ten.

Scott tries to goon up Kessel because his teammate got worked in a fight. Kessel just gives him lumber, hard to see at first but sure enough Clarkson comes right off the bench to get Scott after he is tackled down then the goalies start fighting. Pretty crazy, but cannot believe Clarkson hoped off the bench for this it was under control for the most part, they got Scott away from Kessel.

John Scott has no actual function in the game of hockey this is the exact clown you need out of the game.

Yeah, I think that Clarkson's reaction, though heat of the moment, was absolutely one of the dumbest possible things he could have done. There's sticking up for your teammate, and then there's being stupid. Clarkson was just plain stupid.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I like Florida signing Boyes and Gilbert on the cheap. Boyes gives them some good scoring depth, while Gilbert has been criminally underrated.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I like Florida signing Boyes and Gilbert on the cheap. Boyes gives them some good scoring depth, while Gilbert has been criminally underrated.

Hopefully the new owner is committed to helping Tallon build the roster.

Huberdeau is probably my favorite young non-Red Wing in the league. Kid is so good.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Tampa Bay sent Drouin back to Halifax.

Toronto waived Liles.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
How to unsuccessfully manage an NHL hockey team: the Toronto Maple Leafs hand guide to wasting time and money

RedWingsNow*

Yeah the bring Yzerman back crowd might want to avert their eyes on that. Not that I really understand that logic to begin with.

Wasn't Connolly Yzerman's first pick? And wasn't that considered a stretch for that draft spot?
I don't mind sending an undersized Drouin back to Halifax. He's 18 and the size of a 16 year old.
Connoly might have just been a big mistake -- and if so -- hard to blame Stevie. My guess is he let the scouts handle the draft since he was only in the job a few weeks, IRRC.

Tampa has lots of kids to work in here.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Brett Connolly was a 2nd liner at Syracuse last year. They promoted the 1st line Palat-Johnson-Panik in NHL, just like we did with our AHL 1st line Nyquist-Andersson-Tatar.

Connolly is basicly their "Jurco". Next season first time at AHL 1st line minutes.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Wasn't Connolly Yzerman's first pick? And wasn't that considered a stretch for that draft spot?
I don't mind sending an undersized Drouin back to Halifax. He's 18 and the size of a 16 year old.
Connoly might have just been a big mistake -- and if so -- hard to blame Stevie. My guess is he let the scouts handle the draft since he was only in the job a few weeks, IRRC.

Tampa has lots of kids to work in here.

8 in Bob McKenzie's list. 3rd in CS, 13th in ISS, 4th by Hockey News. McKeen's hockey had him 7th. 4th in TSM mock.

Anyway, Tampa's and Detroit's situation's are different.

Connolly was cut for different reasons that Nyquist, Tatar, Smith (and others) were.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad