Around the NHL 2013-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
yeah, i don't see him becoming calgary's GM.

but maybe he remains at his current position while taking buffalo's GM job too. that would maybe be enough for his ego.

Fair enough. I could see Buffalo as a landing place for him, too. But I see Burke as not being happy until he has another GM job, especially given that he is the interim in Calgary.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Fair enough. I could see Buffalo as a landing place for him, too. But I see Burke as not being happy until he has another GM job, especially given that he is the interim in Calgary.

Burke is a type A alpha male bull one man wolf pack.

I get the sense, yeah, he wants to run things. I also get the sense he's probably tired of all the teams he leaves being way better off than when he started, but he always gets fired.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
BbdJpeRIYAAJaRE.jpg:large

NyquistIsMyGod*

Still imagine Stammer would be quite a bit away. Nice to see him back on the ice though.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 43m
Thornton gets 15 games. #TSN

Aug 6, 2012
For teams that aren't very good, Winnipeg and Dallas are both fun teams to watch.

Wish the Wings could've somehow traded up for Nichuskin. I love Mantha but I think Nichuskin might be the second best player out of the draft after Mack. Its amazing he fell that far.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Wish the Wings could've somehow traded up for Nichuskin. I love Mantha but I think Nichuskin might be the second best player out of the draft after Mack. Its amazing he fell that far.

that was a pretty nice goal. not a lot of 18 yr old kids can pull that off.

he will be stud when he fills out and learns to elevate the puck in close. he's had lot of chances like that one but the goalie has managed to get the pad there.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
For teams that aren't very good, Winnipeg and Dallas are both fun teams to watch.

You caught one of the good games. Dallas has been a train wreck in half their games that I would fall asleep to. :laugh:

As for Nichuskin, the Stars had him targeted the whole time. No way they were going to give up that draft position. The Wings would have had to made a trade to get into the top 10. While not impossible, pretty unlikely, given the Wings would be asking a team to drop 10 places or more.

ThankYouBasedGod

Oct 25, 2010
Saskatoon
Wow, watching the Bruins-Canucks and saw Reilly Smith scored and now has 22 points in 32 games at the age of 22. Seems like he gets pretty over-looked when people discuss the Seguin trade. We have the wrong Smith brother!!!!

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Wow, watching the Bruins-Canucks and saw Reilly Smith scored and now has 22 points in 32 games at the age of 22. Seems like he gets pretty over-looked when people discuss the Seguin trade. We have the wrong Smith brother!!!!

I maintain, to this day, that the Stars accidentally picked Henrik's twin, Joel Lundqvist by accident.

Good for Smith, though. He's obviously finding his game. Seems like Brendan was the one with all the hype out of college, but hey, things change.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site

Smitty alluded to his brother being a Red Wings fan in HBO's 24/7. Does Brendan only have one brother? If so, we clearly took the wrong one.

ThankYouBasedGod

Oct 25, 2010
Saskatoon
I maintain, to this day, that the Stars accidentally picked Henrik's twin, Joel Lundqvist by accident.

Good for Smith, though. He's obviously finding his game. Seems like Brendan was the one with all the hype out of college, but hey, things change.

Yikes, I never realized Henrik was taken four rounds after Joel, I always thought it was the other way around. :laugh:

Smitty alluded to his brother being a Red Wings fan in HBO's 24/7. Does Brendan only have one brother? If so, we clearly took the wrong one.

There is the one that plays hockey and his other one plays professional lacrosse in the NLL I believe.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Reilly Smith was a star in college if you follow the lower levels of the game, so this isn't exactly shocking, was also pretty good in both Austin and Dallas before that trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad