Around the NHL 20-21 pt. 1: the season begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Ut what are your sources telling you? That is the crux of being an insider. Your "sources" take all the blame when wrong but you take all the credit when they are right.

My sources are telling me to prepare yourself to watch a slow, preventable train crash you know is going to happen months before it occurs

explore

Jun 28, 2011
I am surprised that the Jets made this move if PLD has to quarantine for two weeks.

Laine is currently injured, so it's not a huge deal. Likewise, PLD was playing like a bum so it's not a huge loss to not have him for four games

explore

Jun 28, 2011
Amtrak has a long record of derailments.

Amtrak is certainly no Eurorail or Deutsche Bahn, but it's the closest thing this country has. Amtrak has been in serious need of investment not just to upgrade its own trains, but to service the rail lines that it runs on--which is responsible for most of the delays since it shares those rails with commercial trains

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I can't think of a more amusing swap of disgruntled young stars. Neither are going into situations anywhere near what they were purportedly looking for. It's almost seems like all the GMs got together and decided how to monkey paw these two.

And that's no knock of either team or city. Winnipeg just ain't the big city PLD reportedly wanted. Laine + Torts? Whew. PLD is way more of a Torts player stylistically than Laine is.

That said if PLD is happy in WPG I think he will help them a lot.

Reactions: explore

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
I can't think of a more amusing swap of disgruntled young stars. Neither are going into situations anywhere near what they were purportedly looking for. It's almost seems like all the GMs got together and decided how to monkey paw these two.

And that's no knock of either team or city. Winnipeg just ain't the big city PLD reportedly wanted. Laine + Torts? Whew. PLD is way more of a Torts player stylistically than Laine is.

That said if PLD is happy in WPG I think he will help them a lot.
I think as far as PLD in Winnipeg goes, his father being an assistant coach with the Moose might make him happier with the destination.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I think as far as PLD in Winnipeg goes, his father being an assistant coach with the Moose might make him happier with the destination.
I didn't know that. I think he could be really good in Winnipeg. But if the talk that he wanted a big city was true obviously that's about as far from that as you get between the size of the city and it's relative isolation. It does seem like it may have been almost all about his relationship with Torts, though.

explore

Jun 28, 2011
I didn't know that. I think he could be really good in Winnipeg. But if the talk that he wanted a big city was true obviously that's about as far from that as you get between the size of the city and it's relative isolation. It does seem like it may have been almost all about his relationship with Torts, though.

If Laine's biggest problem in Winnipeg was not being the marquee player there, then I think he should fit in well in Columbus since he's the most talented forward they'll have on that roster since Panarin. He'll get 1st line ice time, along with time on the 1st powerplay unit.

I do hope he's a good fit there long-term, the team and fanbase need it

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Amtrak is certainly no Eurorail or Deutsche Bahn, but it's the closest thing this country has. Amtrak has been in serious need of investment not just to upgrade its own trains, but to service the rail lines that it runs on--which is responsible for most of the delays since it shares those rails with commercial trains
Deutsche Bahn is certainly not a good example for competence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia