Around the NHL 20-21 pt. 1: the season begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I wonder how our fanbase would be feeling if we were philly right now?

2nd in the divsion
Last in shot attempt differentia;
3rd last in xGoals
2 losses by 5 goals

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Botterill traded a 3rd for him to Montreal and sent him to the Jets for a 6th
He could actually be a useful players for the Sabres

I agree but asking for a trade is kinda the best way to show yourself the door....not that i would've bought into their clown car Sabres teams either...

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I wonder how our fanbase would be feeling if we were philly right now?

2nd in the divsion
Last in shot attempt differentia;
3rd last in xGoals
2 losses by 5 goals

Well luckily for them the standings arent based on shot attempt differential, xGoals or how many times you lost by 5+ goals. But I’m sure they’re looking at that point pct and being cautious with their emotions about their team. They are only 3rd now only because of GP and points earned.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Well luckily for them the standings arent based on shot attempt differential, xGoals or how many times you lost by 5+ goals. But I’m sure they’re looking at that point pct and being cautious with their emotions about their team. They are only 3rd now only because of GP and points earned.
Obviously the standings aren't based on those things, but getting outshot out chanced, and blown out twice in 6 games are not great signs for a team many thought could be favorites to win the division.

They still could, I don't think those things mean they are doomed, they just haven't been as great as people thought, and their record shows

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Obviously the standings aren't based on those things, but getting outshot out chanced, and blown out twice in 6 games are not great signs for a team many thought could be favorites to win the division.

They still could, I don't think those things mean they are doomed, they just haven't been as great as people thought, and their record shows

Their record is 3-2-1. Seems their record indicates plenty

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
How did the NHL manage to schedule only one (1) game tomorrow, and it's at 10pm? Is there some major TV event in the US tomorrow that I'm forgetting about?

I mean, I know they don't make the schedule with other sports entirely in mind, but...how did they land on "11 games on the day of the NFL conference championship games, and 1 game featuring Ottawa at 10pm EST the next day."

Reactions: DJN21

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Torts and Laine LOL

Laine will be looking for another trade in a month.

Torts won't be the issue.

Laine wasn't happy with his center in Winnipeg. I doubt he's happier with who is centering him in Columbus. Either Torts bumps Foligno down to the second line with Texier or that is where Laine lands.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
He was literally called Blowyou. He sucked when he was here. Same as Antipin and same as Scandella for a good portion of his time here.

is that that same antipin that gets votes for our best prospects (like he will ever suit up for us again) or the same Scandella that we ridiculed our GM for not getting more from in a trade? Can't have it both ways....

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012

Glad we could help

giphy.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad