Around the NHL 20-21 pt. 1: the season begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012

Glad we could help

If Lundquist played would they have waived Vanecek? I was thinking before training camp started that Sabres should watch to see if goalies like Vanecek and Adin Hill get put on waivers. Mute point now.

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
We've heard whispers of them trying to make a Fleury trade work, but I wouldn't mind them exploring a younger, fresher backstop like Adin Hill. Perhaps this should be in the roster spec thread but I saw Hill's name mentioned above so it's going here. He's been fairly good in limited action. Can he kick it up a notch? Is he good enough to take on a bigger role? If it wasn't a numbers game in net in Arizona would be be worthy of a backup job? To me it doesn't sound like a terrible idea, and he has to be better than Hutton at this point.

Reactions: Jacob582

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Have you watched him play?
I have, he would be a good bottom 4 LD so we don't have to keep watching someone struggle on their offside. I'm not saying expedite a 1st and Cozens their way but the cost shouldn't be prohibitive

Also, I ventured into advanced stats with no real understanding and he doesn't seem to stand out in anyway from his defensive teammates

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Pittsburgh fans after Botterill's first deals:

Jason where our 3C?

Jason why did we tradee for Colin Miller and sign Bogosian, because we already have Letang, Marino, Ceci and Ruhwedel on RDs.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I hope it lasts but its nice to have an initial signs of depth.

From the main board:
Oilers with McDavid or Draisaitl on the ice: 13 GF 6 GA
Oilers with neither on the ice: 1 GF 13 GA

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Immediate thoughts:
I imagine some of the deep pockets owners / franchises / owner entities financed this - the blurb states private equity.
My initial impression is if it's financed that way, the winning bid(s) for new TV contracts won't get substantially cheaper.

Fun fact: In the 1960s, the Bills Ralph Wilson personally lent Al Davis money to keep the Raiders going in the old AFL, and I believe one other AFL franchise as well.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Immediate thoughts:
I imagine some of the deep pockets owners / franchises / owner entities financed this - the blurb states private equity.
My initial impression is if it's financed that way, the winning bid(s) for new TV contracts won't get substantially cheaper.

Fun fact: In the 1960s, the Bills Ralph Wilson personally lent Al Davis money to keep the Raiders going in the old AFL, and I believe one other AFL franchise as well.

I believe the other franchise was New England.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad