Around the NHL 20-21 pt. 1: the season begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Not that we'd ever get wind of this in the media given the character of guys they are but I'd love to pick Foligno and jenner's brains on this whole thing truthfully. (yes I've watched Foligno's post game presser)

Someone needs to text Marcus to text Nick for the 411.

:sarcasm:

If anyone else wants to watch Nick's postgame media availability last night:

And this is PLD's postgame presser from a few days ago:

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Someone needs to text Marcus to text Nick for the 411.

:sarcasm:

If anyone else wants to watch Nick's postgame media availability last night:

And this is PLD's postgame presser from a few days ago:

If I could text Marcus I wouldn't be able to text Marcus because he would've blocked me by now...

Reactions: Jim Bob

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Given all the sports that have had a home at NBCSN (NHL, NWHL, PLL, etc) this is not good news.
Wonder what that really means. The only reason I have Peacock for a year other than that there was a half off sale is to watch the many Liverpool games that have been on Peacock rather than NBCSN. I'm sure I'm not alone there. So does this just mean they're moving everything to Peacock? When does their NHL and Premier League contracts expire? They can't just leave those can they? There's gotta be a penalty.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Wonder what that really means. The only reason I have Peacock for a year other than that there was a half off sale is to watch the many Liverpool games that have been on Peacock rather than NBCSN. I'm sure I'm not alone there. So does this just mean they're moving everything to Peacock? When does their NHL and Premier League contracts expire? They can't just leave those can they? There's gotta be a penalty.

Heard they're moving NHL to USA Network

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Blue Jackets' Dubois vows to be better, Tortorella sick of 'prima donna stuff'

“I definitely have to be better,” Dubois said. “As hockey players, we all want to be out there, we all want to help the team make a difference. I can acknowledge that I can be better. I can be a better player. I haven’t had the start to the season that I wanted.

“Whenever (my) next game is … I have to step up my game. I know it, and I’m ready.”

Dubois appeared to take his stunning lack of playing time — five shifts, 3:55 total ice time — in stride. His last shift ended with 4:36 remaining in the first period, and he sat through multiple power plays and a three-on-three overtime against the Stanley Cup champs.

“It is what it is,” Dubois said. “That wasn’t the first time I got benched by Torts. I wasn’t the first guy that got benched by Torts. Whether it’s Torts or another coach, guys get benched. It’s a thing I’ve got to learn from.

“It’s definitely something you don’t want to repeat, and for it to not repeat itself, you have to be better.”
-------------------------------------------------
“(Dubois) doesn’t get benched for one shift of last night’s game,” Tortorella said. “This has eroded and it kept on eroding in the first five games.”

“This is an all-consuming job with the athletes, the different type of athletes we have right now, a little bit of the prima donna stuff that goes on,” Tortorella said. “Not wanting to wait your turn for situations on the ice, not wanting to wait your turn in the locker room …

“My job, and I think it’s very important, and I take it very seriously, is to monitor attitude, effort. What type of teammate are you? Will you play under a team concept, etc.? I think it’s really important with today’s athlete to watch that daily, and I do.”

:popcorn:

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Heard they're moving NHL to USA Network
Yeah. Reading up, it all makes sense. USA hardly has anything on it these days. They can move their big sports properties to USA, then put everything else on Peacock or some other network. Probably gives the NHL more visibility frankly.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Yeah. Reading up, it all makes sense. USA hardly has anything on it these days. They can move their big sports properties to USA, then put everything else on Peacock or some other network. Probably gives the NHL more visibility frankly.

Anything to give the sport more visibility is great. Hoping to meet someone in-person who watches hockey one day and that can only happen if it's easy to watch.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
If Ralph drops Skinner down the lineup for not commiting to defense, he would shoot PLD to the sun for the way he has played this year. At least Skinner gives an effort in transition and the offensive zone.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
The Sabres don't need that type of attitude in the locker room, if true. Hard pass (if true).
Listening to Rayzor and Marty talk about it in the pregame. Both basically saying coaches need to walk a line but Torts crossed it.

Marty said Torts was the one to go public (radio interview) about the trade request prior to the season. It wasn’t PLD. Then said PLD needs to tell them why. IMO that’s a dick move and also something a coach shouldn’t be getting involved in

Rayzor was saying they both need to be better. But it’s on Torts for turning it into a spectacle. That he shouldn’t have done that.

Marty also talked about how Torts would ride Gaborik hard about everything he f***ed up. Biron said he like that with certain players and never used positive reinforcement. Just hammered them for mistakes.

I think Torts has been an ass in his handling of this.

Last edited:
Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->