Around the League v2: Everyone Is Getting Fired!

Status
Not open for further replies.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
I’d blame more of the Oilers development than Puljujarvi flat out busting.

When a player in the top 10 busts, I always blame the scouting and the player. When that player goes elsewhere and flourishes, then I'll consider blaming the team's handling of the player. Elite talent stands out even with 4th lines and in the AHL. For example: there's no way that Edmonton ruined Nail Yakupov after he got to play in a few more stable NHL environment and still sucked.

It is very interesting that Columbus' very clever GM, a Finnish born and trained hockey mind, wasn't tempted to pick either Puljujarvi or Juolevi over Dubois. Doubtlessly he knew these two highly rated players well and could interview both in their native tongue.

Stickontheice

Jan 7, 2019
Didn't know where to post this as I'm not the thread starting type. However, I'm surprised this site doesn't have a memorabilia section??

I've got a set of BIGM27 Ontario licence plates signed by Frank Mahovlich himself and want to show them off!!

Who knows of any sites other than an EBAY I should be checking out to see what kind of interest is out there?

Thanks-

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Vancouver media guy calling into Toronto sports radio show: Elias Pettersson is like the second coming of Wayne Gretzky.

What happens when EP is just one of the several very good young players clearly a notch below McDavid? This Gretzky comparison makes that a disappointment.
Just media guy wants to get more attentions and clicks. Even diehard Nucks fans know Pettersson is not even close to McDavid or Matthews or even Marner.
Vancouver is a good team and will only get better when Boeser, Pettersson and Horvat hitting their prime as well as guys like Demko coming up. But to say Pettersson is the second coming of Wayne is just wrong.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Didn't know where to post this as I'm not the thread starting type. However, I'm surprised this site doesn't have a memorabilia section??

I've got a set of BIGM27 Ontario licence plates signed by Frank Mahovlich himself and want to show them off!!

Who knows of any sites other than an EBAY I should be checking out to see what kind of interest is out there?

Thanks-
There is a general "Toronto Maple Leaf discussion thread" in the main section you can post them there, it maybe on the 2nd page

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Lindholm had 50 points in 44 games this year. Skinner 28 goals and a ppg (1 point shy).

2-3rds of a 1st line. Seems to be exactly what Carolina is missing.

Reactions: rumman

Crazy Monkey

Aug 9, 2009
Had a dream last night that we were playing the Habs in the Stanley Cup finals (I know makes no sense lol) and that we were down by 3 with 5 min left in game 7. What a nightmare

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Had a dream last night that we were playing the Habs in the Stanley Cup finals (I know makes no sense lol) and that we were down by 3 with 5 min left in game 7. What a nightmare

I had this one dream that started with Matt Frattin missing on a breakaway. I kinda forget the rest but I don't think it went well.

Reactions: Crazy Monkey

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006

That actually sounds like we have them exactly where we'd want them. :help:

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I had this one dream that started with Matt Frattin missing on a breakaway. I kinda forget the rest but I don't think it went well.
That was NOT a dream. It was 4-1. Frattin scoring on that breakaway makes it 5-1!

Frattin scores, and Reimer makes 1 extra save, and we're golden to go on to the next round. Oh well!

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Looks like JVR is having a terrible season. Can't say I'm surprised. That guy is so one-dimensional and was put in the perfect position to excel. He can score in front of the net and that is basically all he brings to the table. It was hilarious seeing everyone on the mainboards saying that Tavares will not be able to replace the offence from JVR, Bozak and Komarov.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Looks like JVR is having a terrible season. Can't say I'm surprised. That guy is so one-dimensional and was put in the perfect position to excel. He can score in front of the net and that is basically all he brings to the table. It was hilarious seeing everyone on the mainboards saying that Tavares will not be able to replace the offence from JVR, Bozak and Komarov.

he was injured for a bit but I don't think anyone is missing him here

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007

Agreed... 7 million was and is absurd for JVR.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
i hate the Bruins so much, they will be 2 back of us after tonight having played one more game. We need to go on a win streak and beat these guys on Saturday.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
i hate the Bruins so much, they will be 2 back of us after tonight having played one more game. We need to go on a win streak and beat these guys on Saturday.

Feeling's mutual. I will be really pissed if they manage to lose on Saturday. I hope they come out ready to send a message because we need those 2 pts. in a bad way

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
f***ing Bruins just love to go on unstoppable tears in the second half of the season under Cassidy. Saturday is going to be a tough game, hope we have Freddy.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
It's going to be Boston again in the first round. Our only hopes of avoiding it are Buffalo or catching TB?

I'd be good with another team even just for the sake of change, but I think a rematch with the Bruins looks like a real possibility as well. Pittsburgh was a thorn in Washington's side for a time, until last season when they overcame that and went the extra mile. I'm hoping the roster changes from last season to this season and home ice can turn the tide if the series happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad