Around the League v2: Everyone Is Getting Fired!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Good to have something to play for as the season gets older. I'd rather go into the playoffs playing with intensity than go in entering on cruise control. Boston can f*** off though, they won't get home ice, and we will win the series. #sayitwithyachest.

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Carolina kills a penalty then scorethe go ahead goal with 2.20 left and then Uncle Leo takes a dumb penalty.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
The Isles who is out of playoffs is 6 points away, and they have a game in hand.

You guys might wanna talk about making the playoffs first.

Going into the season I figured it was going to be battle for the Leafs to make the playoffs They should make it, but I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if they didn’t.
I think the three with MTL and Buff that are going to be great and will go a long way in determining the course of the rebuild. .

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Carolina kills a penalty then scorethe go ahead goal with 2.20 left and then Uncle Leo takes a dumb penalty.
Yep. Bonehead play, taking a penalty for doing exactly what a lot of posters here wish more Leafs would do, retaliating for a dirty hit on a star player.
Funny part was that Komarov drew the penalty that Isles couldn't score on.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Yep. Bonehead play, taking a penalty for doing exactly what a lot of posters here wish more Leafs would do, retaliating for a dirty hit on a star player.
Funny part was that Komarov drew the penalty that Isles couldn't score on.

I don’t think any Leaf advocates retaliating in that situation, nor was much of retaliation anyway.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I don’t think any Leaf advocates retaliating in that situation, nor was much of retaliation anyway.
You don't think any Leaf fans have complained about nobody stepping up when Matthews or Marner get crosschecked into the boards?
Although I agree it wasn't the best timing.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
You don't think any Leaf fans have complained about nobody stepping up when Matthews or Marner get crosschecked into the boards?
Although I agree it wasn't the best timing.

Most have, yes. However, we are not looking at retribution in the last 2 mins of a 1 goal game....pick your time and place but do not turn the other cheek.

Reactions: notDatsyuk and Al14

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I have some optimism about there not being a lockout.

Friedman recently said he gets the sense both sides want to extend the CBA, and that an adjustment to escrow might need to be negotiated, and the NHL wants a World Cup in 2020 (and players want the Olympics).

So, they have a couple seasons to work out escrow adjustment, and NHL gets the World Cup in exchange for allowing the players to go to the next Olympics.

And now Bettman is saying they want to quietly extend/renew.

It all obviously doesn't mean much, because it can implode at any moment, but I am optimistic.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Hawks get 31 shots on preds... we got 18.

For a team as skilled as ours, I find it frustrating that we regularly are outshot.

Babcock should tell the boys to just fire the puck at the net as much as possible instead of working hard and grinding out goals like they have been doing?

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Babcock should tell the boys to just fire the puck at the net as much as possible instead of working hard and grinding out goals like they have been doing?

When that's not working during that game, then yes. Work hard and grind out for 0 goals works though to some I guess. As long as the corsi numbers and stuff look good. This is a league where you gotta win greasy sometimes where your speed and skill just isn't gonna get it done, especially during a long playoff run.

ANDI P IS CUTE

Oct 7, 2009
Windsor On
When that's not working during that game, then yes. Work hard and grind out for 0 goals works though to some I guess. As long as the corsi numbers and stuff look good. This is a league where you gotta win greasy sometimes where your speed and skill just isn't gonna get it done, especially during a long playoff run.

and thats why they are going nowhere no drive no toughness etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad