Around the League v2: Everyone Is Getting Fired!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
And it shows. They arent very good.
Yep. The problems start with the owner. He jettisons the good players when they need to get paid. Most owners would have told their GM to sign a vet defender to stabilize their defense until their kids mature and grow into their roles. Not Ottawa.

Having a team with deep pockets is a huge advantage. I'm always a little surprised how much we moan about stuff and how much we overlook this. We are very fortunate.

Last edited:

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
I know no one watches Dallas and like, it's Dallas so fair enough. But Heiskanen is going to be a star.

I watch them from time to time. I keep thinking the Stars will be in the thick of things given how many good forwards they have. Doesn't seem to happen for whatever reasons.

Calgary has a good team this year. They could make some noise.

Reactions: 7even

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
I watch them from time to time. I keep thinking the Stars will be in the thick of things given how many good forwards they have. Doesn't seem to happen for whatever reasons.

Calgary has a good team this year. They could make some noise.
Not much forward depth for the Stars though. Benn, Seguin, Radulov... then the dried up husk of Spezza and a bunch of 4th liners.

Reactions: Seath The Scaleless
Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Not much forward depth for the Stars though. Benn, Seguin, Radulov... then the dried up husk of Spezza and a bunch of 4th liners.

Yep. However, they can probably get by with an elite 5 man unit and solid goaltending. The West has some pretty bad bubble teams, so I'll place money on Dallas grabbing one of the two wild card spots.

Speaking of poor depth, what the hell happened to Nichushkin? I know he has been snakebitten (couldn't buy a goal vs MTL), but he just doesn't have that flash or explosiveness in the games I have watched. Seems like the two years in the K ruined his development

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Looks like Boston, Buffalo, and Montreal will win tonight.

The Atlantic division is going to be a fun division in the last half. Add the Isles to the mix and it should be good. I have no idea how it’ll play out. Just hope the Leafs can secure a post season berth.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Yes it is. You know Beoser and Pettersson will each score, no need to have another fired up player with chip on his shoulder.

Pettersson left the game tonight with a lower-body injury, he got tangled up with the Habs rookie star

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
If you see it from another angle, the canuck player stops and throws the hit, there was no penalty called on the play

The puck was no where near Petterson.The habs rookie was all over him in this video.Like to see angle your meaning.Watch when he goes to get up when other Canuck D man gets there.Watch the way he swings his stick.Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad