Around the League Thread | All I Want for Christmas is Luuuu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
they really need to figure out what they are doing through next year and start dealing with it now - this disaster season was a long time coming

Probably nothing! They'll have around 11-12m in cap space and last season is the final of the 7.4m dead cap hit. Probably look to add a top-4 defenceman, some defensive depth, and a couple of bottom-6 forwards. Hope to make the playoffs but otherwise be competitive.

Reactions: andora

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Probably nothing! They'll have around 11-12m in cap space and last season is the final of the 7.4m dead cap hit. Probably look to add a top-4 defenceman, some defensive depth, and a couple of bottom-6 forwards. Hope to make the playoffs but otherwise be competitive.
That is $7.4 mill each for Suter and Parise. Not a whole lot of flexibility. That is 11-12 mill of cap space wth a 14 man roster. they excluded Rossi and Letteiri who are currently on the roster. So, they need to include 9 more players to get to a 23 man roster. A top 4 Dmen would then mean almost everyone else is at a contract amount that can be buried in the A. Which include another goalie, but that could be Wallstedt on an ELC. Plus they are using LTIR, thus any performance bonuses will be pushed towards next season and reduce what they have available to spend.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
first two words made me laugh - yep.. nods.. you got it

Reactions: Vector

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
That is $7.4 mill each for Suter and Parise. Not a whole lot of flexibility. That is 11-12 mill of cap space wth a 14 man roster. they excluded Rossi and Letteiri who are currently on the roster. So, they need to include 9 more players to get to a 23 man roster. A top 4 Dmen would then mean almost everyone else is at a contract amount that can be buried in the A. Which include another goalie, but that could be Wallstedt on an ELC. Plus they are using LTIR, thus any performance bonuses will be pushed towards next season and reduce what they have available to spend.

Yeah, 14.7m cap charge. Why wouldn’t you include Rossi?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yeah, 14.7m cap charge. Why wouldn’t you include Rossi?
Capfriendly lists only 14 contracts, which I assume would mean the 2 forwards. Not sure why they do that sometimes. I counted everyone else and it should be 16, but if they included those 2 then that should be $1.8 mill less in cap room and they'd need 7 players with $10 mill or less remaining. But, these are 6 figure cap charges, so not a big deal that capfriendly excluded them.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Capfriendly lists only 14 contracts, which I assume would mean the 2 forwards. Not sure why they do that sometimes. I counted everyone else and it should be 16, but if they included those 2 then that should be $1.8 mill less in cap room and they'd need 7 players with $10 mill or less remaining. But, these are 6 figure cap charges, so not a big deal that capfriendly excluded them.

Because Zuccarello and Brodin remain on IR and LTIR. You have to manually move up them up to the main roster.

With that, and moving Lettieri off the roster, that puts them at 12-13 and 15 roster spots. The only urgent need, apart from an actual roster overhaul and commitment, is a top-4 defenseman, defensive depth, and bottom-6 forwards. Easily attainable.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Because Zuccarello and Brodin remain on IR and LTIR. You have to manually move up them up to the main roster.

With that, and moving Lettieri off the roster, that puts them at 12-13 and 15 roster spots. The only urgent need, apart from an actual roster overhaul and commitment, is a top-4 defenseman, defensive depth, and bottom-6 forwards. Easily attainable.
I did count those guys manually since they have contracts next season.

14 skaters listed per cap friendly. $62 mill in cap charges. $14.7 mill in dead cap. $76.6 mill of cap committed next season.

If they state 14 vs 16 guys, they typically leave out elc guys whom they don't consider permanent guys.

But, main point is that they can afford 1 notable move and everything else has to be considered minor barring moving out contracts first.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Is Bettman continuing to show contempt for the Vancouver hockey fans by excluding the Canucks from the Heritage Winter with the Seattle Karens, their Geographic rivals?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Does it really matter if the Canucks play in it or not?
Canucks are not the brand Leafs are who played Detroit at the big house for one of these. US event. Besides, don’t need to see anymore jersey variations from the Canucks.

Reactions: andora

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
kraken only 2 points back of the wild card; the-canucks-should-trade-for-larsson-and-gourde chatters in shambles

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
I’m so angry at Daccord.

i don't think seattle ever would have seriously considered moving either anyways. gourde especially is effectively their captain and larsson is a guy who chose seattle and i think they'll reward that

schwartz and schultz would have been (and i guess still could be, depending) good targets at the deadline though

Reactions: Vector

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
i don't think seattle ever would have seriously considered moving either anyways. gourde especially is effectively their captain and larsson is a guy who chose seattle and i think they'll reward that

schwartz and schultz would have been (and i guess still could be, depending) good targets at the deadline though

I never thought Gourde was going to be on the table. The only way they’d make Larsson available would be if the season completely bottomed out. A man can dream, though.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I’m sick and tired of the Winter Classic.

It’s ass beyond hemmroids right now, stale, boring and dumpster juice.

I don’t really give a shit about the outdoor games and haven’t since pretty much the first one between Edmonton and Montreal - and the only actual fun part of that was the alumni game beforehand and watching Gretzky, Ranford, etc all play again.

So I could care less if the Canucks never play in one. I just don’t get hyping up a practically unwatchable viewing experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad