Around the League Thread | All I Want for Christmas is Luuuu

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I'm starting to like Corrado as an analyst.

He's got a tendency to call out bullshit, such as the suggestion that 1st President Trophy winner should skip playoff round 1.
Starting?
He's been good to great for a few years, also a great fill in on overdrive.

Also Samsonov is cooked, feel bad for the guy but leafs are in a world of pain and have Treiliving pulling the strings.... yikes.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
Starting?
He's been good to great for a few years, also a great fill in on overdrive.

Also Samsonov is cooked, feel bad for the guy but leafs are in a world of pain and have Treiliving pulling the strings.... yikes.
Feels weird coming from Canucks fans who’s team has had no success the past decade saying a team that is firmly top 3 in their division has not played close to their best hockey is in a world of trouble.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Feels weird coming from Canucks fans who’s team has had no success the past decade saying a team that is firmly top 3 in their division has not played close to their best hockey is in a world of trouble.
How would you describe an injured josef woll, broken caps discard ilya, and martin jones as contender?

Reactions: geebster

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby

I feel neutral towards Toronto for the most part but objectively speaking, what success had they achieved in the last decade? Top whatever in regular season means less than F*** ALL.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
I'm not one to hotdog on the main boards, but the Canucks haven't made the playoffs outright in almost a decade and we still have more post-season wins in that period than the Leafs. 😆

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
I mean the Leafs have never, in their entire history, won more than 2 rounds in a playoff run. I can at least say I've seen that happen as a Canucks fan.

(Last time they won the cup there were only 2 rounds cause 4 teams made the playoffs)

Incidentally, watching the Blue Jackets come back on the Leafs made me really appreciate how we've gone almost half a season without having a single team do that to us.

I feel neutral towards Toronto for the most part but objectively speaking, what success had they achieved in the last decade? Top whatever in regular season means less than F*** ALL.
Pretty sure by expected goals they've won 2 Stanley Cups and a Super Bowl in the past decade. Have some respect ffs

Reactions: valkynax

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I mean the Leafs have never, in their entire history, won more than 2 rounds in a playoff run. I can at least say I've seen that happen as a Canucks fan.

(Last time they won the cup there were only 2 rounds cause 4 teams made the playoffs)

Incidentally, watching the Blue Jackets come back on the Leafs made me really appreciate how we've gone almost half a season without having a single team do that to us.

Pretty sure by expected goals they've won 2 Stanley Cups and a Super Bowl in the past decade. Have some respect ffs

If we gonna throw in expected goals then we might as well let the Leafs win the Larry O'Brien cup and the Commissioner's Trophy.
:laugh:

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
If an NHL team lost 28 games in a row like the Detroit Pistons have I am bringing in Ilya Bryzgalov, Phil Kessel and anyone that would bring up the entertainment value off the ice because why not at that point.

Reactions: andora

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I'm not one to hotdog on the main boards, but the Canucks haven't made the playoffs outright in almost a decade and we still have more post-season wins in that period than the Leafs. 😆

I was about to say, if there's one fanbase that can't talk shit, it's the Leafs. They had their "Stanley Cup" celebration finally getting out of the first round in almost twenty years. :laugh:

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Don’t care for either team,but the Kings have cooled off a bit (5-4-1 in their last 10)..Oilers 7-3-1,with a very steep hill to climb.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Me, an extremely stupid person, just realized that Mathieu Joseph and Pierre-Olivier Joseph are brothers.

Hey at least you’re not as bad as Woody Harrelson who didn’t know the Hemsworth brothers were brothers and he worked with one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad