Around the League Thread | All I Want for Christmas is Luuuu

Status
Not open for further replies.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I do remember, and it was pretty well a joke. Would rather they have just played a regular game and not even bothered.

One of the most memorable moments of that game is when the NHL decided to put Mark Messier on the screen and the crowd absolutely booed the hell out of him.

The NHL was pure trolling us at that point, we were sinking in the standings, our core was stale, Luongo was soon to be traded, Mike Gillis was on a very short leash and Torts couldn't wait to go back to Point Roberts.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
We have to remember the Heritage Classic/Stadium games aren't really for hockey fans, but are spectacles to attract interest from casuals, even football or baseball fans who may be itching to see something different in their stadiums. Gimmicks are sadly what sells, and this is why the NHL ASG has resorted to because there would be less interest in watching a normal skills competition along with a 5 v 5 ASG.

Preferably I would love to see the Vancouver Canucks play in the old Pacific Coliseum for a retro game over watching them screw around in BC Place....but again, this wouldn't appeal to casuals.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
We have to remember the Heritage Classic/Stadium games aren't really for hockey fans, but are spectacles to attract interest from casuals, even football or baseball fans who may be itching to see something different in their stadiums. Gimmicks are sadly what sells, and this is why the NHL ASG has resorted to because there would be less interest in watching a normal skills competition along with a 5 v 5 ASG.

Preferably I would love to see the Vancouver Canucks play in the old Pacific Coliseum for a retro game over watching them screw around in BC Place....but again, this wouldn't appeal to casuals.

Pacific Colisseum still rules to watch games in. It's criminal no hockey gets played there anymore. Watching Giants games there was fun.

Reactions: andora

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Aparently on kyper and bourne tbey said leafs and nylander trending towards deal by all star game .. number a
Starts with 11

Haha

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Aparently on kyper and bourne tbey said leafs and nylander trending towards deal by all star game .. number a
Starts with 11

Haha

I think Friedman said something similar last week. There’s no indication that a deal won’t be signed and both sides want to get it done.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I hate gimmicky rules and I hate that PWHL SHG rule. Yuck.
I have a few more ideas you make like:

-Shot clock and half court rules in 3 v 3 OT!
-2 v 0 shootout attempts!
-An additonal point is awarded if your team scores 5 goals or more in a game (to increase scoring of course).
-Bring back play-in rounds!

Last edited:

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria

-2 v 0 shootout attemps!
-An additonal point is awarded if your team scores 5 goals or more in a game (to increase scoring of course).
Omg.. i am so in love with number 4

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
The SHG thing would have such minimal impact - hard to care too much either way.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

-2 v 0 shootout attemps!

Backup goalie hot dog eating contest for an extra point if tied after OT!

The SHG thing would have such minimal impact - hard to care too much either way.

It wouldn't change much, but it's just dumb and gimmicky. The NFL would never even think about something like that.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Backup goalie hot dog eating contest for an extra point if tied after OT!

It wouldn't change much, but it's just dumb and gimmicky. The NFL would never even think about something like that.
Oh come on they let teams decline penalties.. how insane is that

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Penalty on the play 2 Minutes for tripping. Vancouver declines the penalty. Still neutral zone face off.
Actually how about this...

You CAN elect for a 2 min 5 on 4 PP

OR....

You can have a 45 second 5 on 3 PP.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Wild

How Nylander started out saying he deserved more than Meier which was fair

Now he is at 11.25
Toronto stays being the most top heavy team in the league

Watch Marners agent destroy their cap again.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Remember also that the Canucks went to China. Its the same but different, and possibly more beneficial then outdoor games.

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004

-2 v 0 shootout attempts!
I actually kind of like that idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: