Around the League Thread | All I Want for Christmas is Luuuu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
We did play in one remember? We turned BC Place into an 'outdoor' atmosphere.
That was back in 2014 and the NHL hasn't come back since.

Good riddance to that Winter Classic, I'd rather watch the NFL Pro Bowl competition.

Objectively speaking Vancouver is a horrible place for an outdoor game. You're better served having it in the interior and your sponsorship and ticket sales are big question marks. They aren't coming back here. I was able to skate on an outdoor pond for the first time as a 28 year old. Lived here my whole life.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Objectively speaking Vancouver is a horrible place for an outdoor game. You're better served having it in the interior and your sponsorship and ticket sales are big question marks. They aren't coming back here. I was able to skate on an outdoor pond for the first time as a 28 year old. Lived here my whole life.

I grew up in Winnipeg, plenty of frozen shit in the winter back in the day.

It’s alright, just cause.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Figured Nylander's next deal would be in the 10.5x7 range. Surprised they're going to 11.5x8 or whatever.

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Edmonton on a scorcher of late. You wonder if they can sustain this level of play.

I'm very torn. On the one hand I despite the Oilers, on the other hand the game is better off with an all-time great talent like McDavid competing in the playoffs.

Something about defying the characteristics of a contending playoff team (eg depth at all positions particularly centre and d, strong defensive play etc) just rubs me the wrong way?

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
While I enjoy the disaster that is Toronto's cap management, whatever Nylander gets is going to influence Pete.

Agreed but probably not that much given the rumours and in a good way. Matthews probably set the upper end. In reality we’re most likely talking about a range of ~$1M AAV. Is he closer to $11M or closer to $12M? Pasternak is at $11.25M. Canucks and Petey will likely play ball in or around that range.

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
Agreed but probably not that much given the rumours and in a good way. Matthews probably set the upper end. In reality we’re most likely talking about a range of ~$1M AAV. Is he closer to $11M or closer to $12M? Pasternak is at $11.25M. Canucks and Petey will likely play ball in or around that range.

Hope so. 11.25 would be okay. Not great, but okay. I doubt Pete goes for it, though.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
Edmonton on a scorcher of late. You wonder if they can sustain this level of play.

I'm very torn. On the one hand I despite the Oilers, on the other hand the game is better off with an all-time great talent like McDavid competing in the playoffs.

Something about defying the characteristics of a contending playoff team (eg depth at all positions particularly centre and d, strong defensive play etc) just rubs me the wrong way?

McDavid can start competing more in the playoffs once he leaves the Oilers, LOL

Reactions: HockeyWooot

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Hope so. 11.25 would be okay. Not great, but okay. I doubt Pete goes for it, though.
Ya I don’t know. But regardless I just don’t think Nylander’s extension is going to have much impact on Petey’s next contract.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Kings aren't that shit hot lately..4-5-1 in their last 10.

Maybe the generational Byfield will lead the way..?

Come on, man. Nobody ever called Byfield 'generational'.

He's having an excellent season on pace for 60+ points as a 21 y/o two-way forward. Your takes on him for the last couple years are looking ... not great.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
LA just put Tobias Bjornfot on Waivers. Former 2018 first rounder. Recalled Clarke.

Odd development curve in North America for him.
19/20 - Mostly AHL
20/21 - 33 NHL games
21/22 - 70 NHL games
22/23 - 10 NHL games, rest in the A.
23/24 - 1 NHL game and 9 in A.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Bjornfot is incredibly intriguing. He wouldn’t get any playing time here, though. Someone should grab him.
Non playoff teams should. Again, weird development to be on an NHL team for 70 games then turn around and get 10 the following season.
1 G 14 A or something in like 110 NHL games.

Always better to go slower than drop them in too quickly and then they regress.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Non playoff teams should. Again, weird development to be on an NHL team for 70 games then turn around and get 10 the following season.

Always better to go slower than drop them in too quickly and then they regress.

He only got 70 games because the Kings defense was destroy by injuries that season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad