Around the League - Stanley Cup Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Just noticed the Av's have $23 mill in cap space for next year and have to re-sign Makar, Landeskog (who is a UFA), and Grubauer

Makar - $10M
Landeskog - $8M
Grubaure/goalie - $4M

I think they'll also buyout Johnson and trade Kadri/Burakovsky to make more space and go after Philip Danault.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
What are the chances Eichel joins the Leafs? Who would we have to give up?
Chance is basically zero.
Which is good, because even aside from his horrible attitude, he's overrated and we'd have to give up much more than he's actually worth.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Makar - $10M
Landeskog - $8M
Grubaure/goalie - $4M

I think they'll also buyout Johnson and trade Kadri/Burakovsky to make more space and go after Philip Danault.

They'll make it work but they're entering a tight cap situation soon with their talented players coming up on contracts.

Even with those three making those amounts they need to fill 11 other rosters spots.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

Eichel needs some maturity, and I too have a feeling that he's been part of the problem in Buffalo. Surrounded by a good team, and better voices, he's a top 5 C in the league and would clearly make this team better. In a salary cap world, that isn't possible though, without shipping out Tavares or Marner. Now we could make an argument that moving Tavares for Eichel would improve the team, younger and so on, but such a move is impossible given the circumstances that Tavares came here, local kid, etc...

Of course, we could dream, and send some package for Eichel at 50%, but any thoughts grounded in reality, would see that a (normally) division rival isn't going to withhold 50% for us, to compete against us for the next five years.. .I mean sure, let's trade for Eichel at 50% and Dahlin, we can send them Engvall, Bracco, Kaberle's ghost and a 3rd. But then we'd just wake up from that dream.

I think he's probably going out west, LA Kings favourites, Calgary or Minnesota as dark horses. NYR will try to get him, not sure they want to send him to a team in their state, unless it's a crazy haul.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

Marner, I wouldn't do that but I do think Eichel is getting underrated on here

The kids a franchise level PPG #1C

We would have killed for a player like him not that long ago

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
Oilers have McDavid, Draisaitl and Smith.
Jets have Schiefele, Connor, Ehlers, Wheeler, Dubois, Lowry, Stastny, Copp, Perreault, Appleton and Helly.

Yet Oilers are favoured to win.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Jets have Schiefele, Connor, Ehlers, Wheeler, Dubois, Lowry, Stastny, Copp, Perreault, Appleton and Helly.

Well the Oilers played strong down the stretch and the Jets have faltered. That's probably the reason why.

Reactions: Duffman955

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

The Oilers absolutely clobbered the Jets this year. 7 wins, 2 losses. The Oilers won the last six, outscoring them 21-7.

They should be favoured.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario

Connor McDavid just had the greatest 13 game stretch in NHL history I believe. Had like 41 in 13 if I'm not mistaken

He is a serious GOAT contender. Any team playing against him will be in a world of difficulty

The jets are also bad defensively and rely on goaltending and good finishing from their offensive players.

Elders is injured, PLD has been ass, Connor having a down year, wheeler getting older and less effective.

97 alone is a scary threat but 29 himself is a incredible player and probably the 2nd best offesive player in the league and a top 4 player

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
I'm thinking the Panthers may take out the Stanley Cup Champs in the first round.

Reactions: Stigma

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
I want to see Boston lose in the first round, but at the same time I would like the Leafs to face them at some point on the way to the cup this year.
Believe me, you don’t. With Hall they have legit second line and got decent third line now as they got some players back/ performing. I would rather that division beat each other to half dead state and then face team that was in free fall at the end of the season (islanders).
I totally see nyi upsetting pens and caps get it to 7. Injured caps then might lose to nyi.
For that to happen though we need upset in Carolina division and hopefully getting two points tonight, so that any team but Cans will match us with East division team if we get to final 4.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suntouchable13

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Neither Vegas, nor Avs lose in round one. If there is an upset, it’s the Islanders proceeding.
Maybe the Islanders, but the difference this year is the Pens are a better defensive team. If the Islanders win, it's Trotz and goaltending.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
upload_2021-5-14_15-26-43.png

It’s the playoffs!!

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015

Oilers have some good defenseman and a few other good forwards. I'd still say Jets win too though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad