Around the League - Stanley Cup Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I might be the only to think the Jets will beat the Oilers.

During the condensed 2020-21 season, the Oilers won seven of nine games against the Jets, outscoring Winnipeg 34-22 in the process. No games went into OT. The two games that Winnipeg won, they scored six goals. Winnipeg scored 10 goals, in the seven losses, having 25 goals scored against.

I don't think that the Jets stand a chance here.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Haha, yeah I went through the GDT for that game.

The take from level headed half of the Bruin fanbase was it was vicious attempt to injure and should have been an automatic major and game misconduct. It was also an obvious 5 game+ suspension but due to George Parros' and the NHL's incompetence will probably only be a $5K fine. The other half of Bruins fans were calling for some form of retaliation ranging from Komarov should be badly hurt/injured to Barzal should be injured and Komarov should literally be killed.

Leafs boards are a relaxed and light hearted place to discuss the the grace and beauty of athletics on ice in comparison to the Bruins board.
To be fair, there are a few who will admit that there was a bit of embellishment on Pasta's part.

But having listened to a few recent games with Edwards doing the play-by-play, I'm beginning to understand why so many Bruins fans sincerely believe that Boston is the cleanest team in the league.

Personally, I would love to see Marchand playing on some other Atlantic division team, just to hear Edwards talk about him, and rationalize how the cleanest player in the league suddenly became the dirtiest (I kid, I know he wouldn't even try to explain).

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
So let me get this Eichel thing straight. He wanted to get surgery done on his spine. The Sabres doctors said “no don’t, it’s a new procedure and is too risky, let’s just try to rehab it” and then Eichel got a second opinion and the second opinion said “we agree with the team doctors that you should try to rehab it first”, and then after that he got more opinions and one of them said do the surgery and now he’s upset with management?

Seems like he just threw the team under the bus

Reactions: glue and mix1home

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
So let me get this Eichel thing straight. He wanted to get surgery done on his spine. The Sabres doctors said “no don’t, it’s a new procedure and is too risky, let’s just try to rehab it” and then Eichel got a second opinion and the second opinion said “we agree with the team doctors that you should try to rehab it first”, and then after that he got more opinions and one of them said do the surgery and now he’s upset with management?

that sounds so baby. like he kept asking people until someone agreeed with him and then it was like see Management doesn't care about me.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON

I think frustration with lack of success settled in. In that mood anything management does is bad, wrong and insulting.

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
If the Seattle team wins a lot their slogan should be “on Krac”

If the Seattle team sucks, rivals will use the slogan “let’s get a kracking”.

my attempt at humor

Reactions: The Cobra

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
I hope the league asked the Oilers if they planned to hold any more memoriams before the league issued out the playoff schedule. Don’t want any excuses from Connor.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017

The Sabres are going to get less for him than the Bruins got for Thornton.

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
The Sens this year reminded me of the Devils a few years ago. Young. Energetic. Promising…..

I pity the Sens fans using the Leafs as a metric this year. Try hards. Young talent showcasing their potential to the largest possible audience then laying 9 eggs against Edmonton.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008

Did the medical opinion come from Reimer's mom? Sounds vaguely familiar.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
The Sens this year reminded me of the Devils a few years ago. Young. Energetic. Promising…..

I pity the Sens fans using the Leafs as a metric this year. Try hards. Young talent showcasing their potential to the largest possible audience then laying 9 eggs against Edmonton.
Devils actually have a crazy young roster still. That forward group could be really good in a few years. Only have 5 players over the age of 25 signed for next year I think.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Devils actually have a crazy young roster still. That forward group could be really good in a few years. Only have 5 players over the age of 25 signed for next year I think.

Hischier and Hughes are two solid pieces to start with up front. Zacha had a breakout season too. They've got some nice forward prospects in the system (Holtz, Foote, and Mercer). On the back end they have Ty Smith.

Some nice pieces there plus another top pick coming in this draft as well as the Islanders first rounder. They need guys like Hughes and Hischier to take a step up in their development and push that rebuild forward though.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Just noticed the Av's have $23 mill in cap space for next year and have to re-sign Makar, Landeskog (who is a UFA), and Grubauer

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Just noticed the Av's have $23 mill in cap space for next year and have to re-sign Makar, Landeskog (who is a UFA), and Grubauer

It'll definitely be interesting to see what they do in the off-season.

Though long term they'll need to save about 6Ish of that available space aside for the MacKinnon extension after next year

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
If the Seattle team wins a lot their slogan should be “on Krac”

If the Seattle team sucks, rivals will use the slogan “let’s get a kracking”.

my attempt at humor

Lol I think the first time the Leafs play them it'll be "let's bend them over and fill the Kraken" :)

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario

Sounds like he really wants out of Buffalo and was fishing for an excuse.

Eat The Rich

Jun 17, 2017
I've noticed a distinct lack of comments about division and schedule formats when congratulating the Avalanche in their presidents' trophy win.

Weird.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I've noticed a distinct lack of comments about division and schedule formats when congratulating the Avalanche in their presidents' trophy win.

Weird.

Vegas and Colorado had the easiest road to winning the President's Trophy this year and it was not even close... However they only won it by a measly two points.

They had the opportunity to feast on Anaheim, San Jose, LA, Arizona, and a St. Louis team that probably did not deserve to make the playoffs this year.

Well we will see how they do against the other top teams, just like we will see how the North matches up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad