Around the League - Stanley Cup Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
60 points pace this season. I'd say Phil's got some hockey left in him. He probably has his eye on hitting that 1000 point barrier, which he should be able to do within a couple more seasons.

If a team manages to get him on a cheaper deal he will be great value in free agency
Agreed, it would be funny for the leafs to sign Kessel to a 1.2 AAV deal, I.e. the amount of cash they retained on his old contract

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Can't believe how invested I am in a mostly nothing game tonight. Winnipeg better come out to play and end this pathetic jockeying between them and Montreal for 3rd and 4th. Christ it can't be that hard to earn at least a point tonight.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Tomorrow is big night. Knights, avalanche and Leafs are all in action. If leafs win and other two lose that would make interesting Thursday night and Friday.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Been watching since 98'. I can't believe we have the Habs. This matchup is everything. Bragging rights galore. We beat these guys and we will see a humbled Canadiens board. We lose. We know the drill.

I'm all in on this season.

Go Leafs Go.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I get some level of homer-ism from your local broadcast but seriously do Bruins fans even like listening to that ridiculousness?
A lot of Bruins fans claim they can't stand Edwards, while agreeing with him that it was attempted murder, and in no possible way a dive.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
A lot of Bruins fans claim they can't stand Edwards, while agreeing with him that it was attempted murder, and in no possible way a dive.
Haha, yeah I went through the GDT for that game.

The take from level headed half of the Bruin fanbase was it was vicious attempt to injure and should have been an automatic major and game misconduct. It was also an obvious 5 game+ suspension but due to George Parros' and the NHL's incompetence will probably only be a $5K fine. The other half of Bruins fans were calling for some form of retaliation ranging from Komarov should be badly hurt/injured to Barzal should be injured and Komarov should literally be killed.

Leafs boards are a relaxed and light hearted place to discuss the the grace and beauty of athletics on ice in comparison to the Bruins board.

Reactions: willmma

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
I might be the only to think the Jets will beat the Oilers.

I don't necessarily think they will, but I agree. I think Winnipeg is going to be a much tougher opponent/out than their end to their regular season suggests. They're more talented than their play would lead one to believe IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->