Around the League - Stanley Cup Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
This Caps / Bruins game is carrying some nice intensity. These teams are built to play this way... I love their team makeup.

Excited (and anxious) for our boys to get the ball rolling on Thursday! I hope they can find a way to bring a similar intensity.

Yep, our boys will have to dial up the intensity and I trust they will.

Also BS icing call > BS penalty > goal for the Bruins. How typical.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
This Caps / Bruins game is carrying some nice intensity. These teams are built to play this way... I love their team makeup.

Excited (and anxious) for our boys to get the ball rolling on Thursday! I hope they can find a way to bring a similar intensity.

Boston is lucky to be tied, and they've gotten some freebies on the PP front...16 shots after 2 periods for the Bruins, and they only made up with a bunch of shots close to the end of the 2nd period on their PP.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Yea that icing call was complete BS. Wow. Terrible. I didn't see any of the 1st, caught almost all of the 2nd. Seems to me the Caps are carrying the play in general. I am not a Caps fan, but I have suddenly realized I would feel great happiness if they can take out the B's in round 1. Also, Craig Anderson is going to be a problem... he is... not good.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I can't remember the last time I saw so many helmets off in a game, especially all by 1 team. That can't be a coincidence

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Now that it's OT, the refs are gonna hold off on their whistle until something egregious happens or if a Capital commits a stick infraction

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
That was a fun game to watch! How many of the other series will bring that kind of intensity? Triple header tomorrow. Afternoon hockey sucks imo.

Was that officiating tilted towards the B's or was I watching with a biased eye?

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
That was a fun game to watch! How many of the other series will bring that kind of intensity? Triple header tomorrow. Afternoon hockey sucks imo.

Was that officiating tilted towards the B's or was I watching with a biased eye?
Florida-Tampa should be good hockey.

Reactions: wingman75

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Bs can do no wrong apparently even punching players in the head. Caps had many posts and two 3 on 1. Should capitalise on those.

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
Should be a good day of hockey, 3 games that should be pretty good. Hopefully the wild upset Vegas, f*** the knights.

Imagine something like Minnesota vs Toronto in round 3? Could be fascinating

Reactions: Menzinger

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Yep, our boys will have to dial up the intensity and I trust they will.

Also BS icing call > BS penalty > goal for the Bruins. How typical.
I hope this sort of intensity is the norm in any series featuring a prospective Leaf opponent. Hope to see this physicality play out for the entire seven game series, each game going to multiple OTs to boot. Let teams tucker themselves out because that late star is not going to be doing any Canadian teams any favour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad