Around the League - Stanley Cup Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
If Winnipeg can’t beat or at least get a point from Vancouver tomorrow when the Canucks are on a back to back and running on fumes then f***ing bring on the Jets. Would love to face a bunch of losers that lost like 9 of their last 10.

I realize Winnipeg will be on a back to back as well but they should have more energy than Vancouver, and Hellebuyck I presume is starting.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
I hope we don't start the playoffs on the back end of a back to back.

Preferably we get a couple of days off.

I don't think we're starting on Saturday, just that the playoffs are starting on Saturday.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Vegas lost to Colorado in regulation 2-1 at home and now might miss #1 overall in postseason and presidents trophy.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
If Winnipeg can’t beat or at least get a point from Vancouver tomorrow when the Canucks are on a back to back and running on fumes then f***ing bring on the Jets. Would love to face a bunch of losers that lost like 9 of their last 10.

I realize Winnipeg will be on a back to back as well but they should have more energy than Vancouver, and Hellebuyck I presume is starting.

So we could end up playing the Jets if they lose the next two:
- May 11 vs VAN
- May 14 vs TOR

...and MTL wins their last game:
- May 12 vs EDM

Last edited:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
McDavid is on fire with 18 points in his last 6 games averaging 3 PPG in the month of May.

That brings his season totals to 102 points in 54 games and nearly 2 PPG on the season.

That puts him +21 points more than his teammate Draisaitl for the scoring lead.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Hard to believe as of today the Leafs are still in this race.
For that to happen though we would need to win both of our remaining games which is not given the way Ottawa plays us.
Then Vegas should lose to SJ in regulation.
And then Colorado should settle for only one point in two remaining games with Kings.
Yep, not happening. Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: CanadasTeam

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
I know this is pretty random, but I had a dream last night that Minnesota and Boston were in the finals.....and Minnesota wins.

Maybe I should call up my local bookie?

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
I know this is pretty random, but I had a dream last night that Minnesota and Boston were in the finals.....and Minnesota wins.

Maybe I should call up my local bookie?

Nah. It was just bad dream. It will be Leafs with Florida and Florida is not winning this.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Phil Kessel just keeps on ticking like the energizer bunny. Still scored 20 goals this year and hasn’t missed a game in 11 years and is chasing the iron man record.

If he changes the batteries who knows how long he will go for. Teams will be signing him to 1 year deals after his last year of this deal he signed with us ends next season.

He might still be a. 20 goal scorer also. This guy might play until he is 40.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Phil Kessel just keeps on ticking like the energizer bunny. Still scored 20 goals this year and hasn’t missed a game in 11 years and is chasing the iron man record.

If he changes the batteries who knows how long he will go for. Teams will be signing him to 1 year deals after his last year of this deal he signed with us ends next season.

He might still be a. 20 goal scorer also. This guy might play until he is 40.

60 points pace this season. I'd say Phil's got some hockey left in him. He probably has his eye on hitting that 1000 point barrier, which he should be able to do within a couple more seasons.

If a team manages to get him on a cheaper deal he will be great value in free agency

Reactions: Fogelhund
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->