GDT: Around the League: Playoff Edition Part V

Which team are you cheering against now?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
The Leafs are soooo ****ed cap wise. The Toronto Media Hype machine has effed them over big time. And cue the offer sheet on Marner or trade before July 1 according to Friedman.
At his press conference today Dubas said Marner is priority number one and it's imperative they get him signed before July 1. Not that there was any rush for Marner to sign but now even less so with Dubas announcing this publicly.

This guy is in way over his head.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
I don’t see that happening. His agent has basically said he is as good or better than Mathews so you know your starting point. Now factor in term and up front cash and signing bonuses.

If the Leafs want more than the 1 free agent year they gave Mathews he will cost them far more than Mathews. He won’t do a shorter deal unless the money is also more as it’s too much risk on the player.

Burke said today he thinks he is going past July 1. Friedman said he’d be traded before July 1.
Either way Dubas goofed up big time on Nylander and Nostrils.
Yup let's hope so. :DD

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
At his press conference today Dubas said Marner is priority number one and it's imperative they get him signed before July 1. Not that there was any rush for Marner to sign but now even less so with Dubas announcing this publicly.

This guy is in way over his head.

Marners agent holds all the cards. The only thing that will keep Marner from hitting July 1 is Marner himself.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Burke thinks they should keep Kadri because he's at a good price. But he's f***ed you two years in a row in the playoffs. Don't think that offsets it, and there is no guarantee he's learned a thing.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I still have to buy this album, I said I would if TO got beat again.

ROY_ORBISON_ITS%2BOVER%2BEP-554832.jpg

Looks like Roy just graduated Magna Cum Laude from Princeton there.

Edit - LOL on the censor

North

Jun 25, 2009
Burke thinks they should keep Kadri because he's at a good price. But he's ****ed you two years in a row in the playoffs. Don't think that offsets it, and there is no guarantee he's learned a thing.

Burke's probably got a soft spot for a guy he drafted because there is no way you keep this guy. He's a liability.

Reactions: BlackDogg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Dallas is playing a 5v5 PK setup in their zone behind 2 goals with less than 5 mins left in the game lol.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Burke thinks they should keep Kadri because he's at a good price. But he's ****ed you two years in a row in the playoffs. Don't think that offsets it, and there is no guarantee he's learned a thing.
He already said he’s not going to stop playing like that and “sticking up for his teammates”.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I don’t see that happening. His agent has basically said he is as good or better than Mathews so you know your starting point. Now factor in term and up front cash and signing bonuses.

If the Leafs want more than the 1 free agent year they gave Mathews he will cost them far more than Mathews. He won’t do a shorter deal unless the money is also more as it’s too much risk on the player.

Burke said today he thinks he is going past July 1. Friedman said he’d be traded before July 1.
Either way Dubas goofed up big time on Nylander and Nostrils.

His agent said Marner already took a hometown discount on his ELC (no bonuses).

Imagine having to trade Marner because you overpaid Me-lander and Angry Birds and signed Pajama Boy to a deal you didn't need to sign him to.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Reffing at an all time high this year it seems like every other game there are significant foul ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad