GDT: Around the League: Playoff Edition Part V

Which team are you cheering against now?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
That's what I was referring to and you know that from our PM exchange. Now how hard was that to do?

Thanks.
Why would I randomly say that? I just said “Jones you son of a bitch” and you went off the rails about how I backed down from what I said and I don’t man up. You really went off the deep end.

Last edited:
Reactions: TB12

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Sharks are the most undeserving team to make the conference finals in league history. Enjoy pulling for that garbage bunch. Suck it Sharks!
This post sums it up very well. Sharks are fast becoming one of my most hated sports teams.

Reactions: TB12

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
This post sums it up very well. Sharks are fast becoming one of my most hated sports teams.
I still can't believe that Eakin major. Worse is that it's affected officiating in the rest of the playoffs.

What should be one of the more exciting playoffs in recent memory is marred by absolute incompetence.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Why would I randomly say that? I just said “Jones you son of a *****” and you went off the rails about how I backed down from what I said and I don’t man up. You really went off the deep end.

No, I just went directly to that as a segue. Being that the guarantee was prior stated by you. Anyway we're done. Silly season has again officially entered this board. No point in anything here over the next multiple months.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
No, I just went directly to that as a segue. Being that the guarantee was prior stated by you. Anyway we're done. Silly season has again officially entered this board. No point in anything here over the next multiple months.
Yep I got cocky. Unfortunately I have eaten crow and it is bitter.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
One thing I'll state before exiting. At least no sharks fans came on here to troll the board like the AV's fans did and several AV's fans posts were deleted and infracted here. I always kind of get my back up against fanboards that are so sensitive that they would troll here, which is really odd as there is no rivalry with the Oilers, the Oilers aren't in the playoffs, and why was it necessary for multiple AV's fans to troll here in response to me not liking their club. Strange stuff. Glad that stuff is over too.

Anyway, I'm taking a break, no point discussing things here now. Nothing going on. see you sorts some other time if I still feel like it.

peace out

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Looking at the optics in the titles, it kinda gives a heads up of what happened, but I'm on my phone using data, would you mind giving a quick synopsis of what was said?

Just one of these radio guys being a total disrespectful dick. Hangs up on a media guy in the middle of him answering a question about Carolina's season leading up to their playoff run. Says he did it because he can't stand listening to a guy with a southern accent talk about hockey, that they should have imported someone from Canada and other stuff. Carolina reporter (Chip Alexander) was not in on it at all when he was hung up on.

Reactions: yukoner88

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Just one of these radio guys being a total disrespectful dick. Hangs up on a media guy in the middle of him answering a question about Carolina's season leading up to their playoff run. Says he did it because he can't stand listening to a guy with a southern accent talk about hockey, that they should have imported someone from Canada and other stuff. Carolina reporter (Chip Alexander) was not in on it at all when he was hung up on.

Wow that's brutal. I've always been kinda neutral on the city, and I hope that host isn't a reflection of what the city is like. If so that tilts me towards hoping the Canes stomp the bruins out of the playoffs

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Wow that's brutal. I've always been kinda neutral on the city, and I hope that host isn't a reflection of what the city is like. If so that tilts me towards hoping the Canes stomp the bruins out of the playoffs

Seems this one guy, Fred Toettcher, is especially douchey. Other guys on his show were giving him some heck for doing it.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

Boston's a hell hole.

Reactions: EagerPug

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Hah took me min but I got it hahaha.

If the guy has trouble with a southern accented person, would love to make him sit through a half hour of a pair of pure bread newfies have a conversation
Listening to my Newfie neighbour when I’m drinking with him are some of the best times.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Listening to my Newfie neighbour when I’m drinking with him are some of the best times.

I've vacationed in Newfoundland a couple times. Friendliest people on the planet. Amazing to have drinks with. But man oh man do they talk fast lol. To understand some of them you need to be half cut on rum or whisky lol

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I've vacationed in Newfoundland a couple times. Friendliest people on the planet. Amazing to have drinks with. But man oh man do they talk fast lol. To understand some of them you need to be half cut on rum or whisky lol
I feel like they get even faster when they drink too.

Wewillrise

Jul 25, 2015
My picks at the start of the Playoffs were

-Pitts/Tampa
-St.Louis/SanJose

Tampa/SanJose

Sharks win it all.

I guess you could say I don’t know the east very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad