GDT: Around the League: Playoff Edition Part V

Which team are you cheering against now?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
Someone please rescue me from Pierre on NBC. Actually nice to see Perron doing well, he was a decent soldier for us.

Fabbri well done! Man that kid has come so far after pretty much losing both his knees.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Don’t have a full summary but the funniest part to me was when Burke said: “Dubas and Babcock both like Greenpeace hockey.”
Lol.

Toronto’s problem is that they try to play Penguins style hockey without the same level of top end talent or clutch goaltending.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Missed it. Quick summary?
I caught it halfway through. He said the Leafs are in major trouble with the cap, doesn't think Marner will sign before July 1 and will want something similar to Matthews' deal. Dubas should have let Nylander sit, Matthews got a ton of money for only five years, etc. $40M on four players won't work.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Common St Louis - if you win a cup it puts you farther away from Toronto in terms of years without. 1 year separation isn't a lot.

Other than that, I can't think of any reason.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
The Leafs are soooo ****ed cap wise. The Toronto Media Hype machine has effed them over big time. And cue the offer sheet on Marner or trade before July 1 according to Friedman.
Yup, Marner and Matthews are by far the best two players in the league - and are apparently stronger on the same team - and they should pay fair value for that. ;)

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Toronto's only hope is Marner takes some kind of ridiculous low ball hometown discount.

Draisaitl money perhaps. :D

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Toronto's only hope is Marner takes some kind of ridiculous low ball hometown discount.

I don’t see that happening. His agent has basically said he is as good or better than Mathews so you know your starting point. Now factor in term and up front cash and signing bonuses.

If the Leafs want more than the 1 free agent year they gave Mathews he will cost them far more than Mathews. He won’t do a shorter deal unless the money is also more as it’s too much risk on the player.

Burke said today he thinks he is going past July 1. Friedman said he’d be traded before July 1.
Either way Dubas goofed up big time on Nylander and Nostrils.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
I still have to buy this album, I said I would if TO got beat again.

ROY_ORBISON_ITS%2BOVER%2BEP-554832.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad