GDT: Around the League - Off Season Edition - let the good times roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Ouch. I suppose Carolina wouldn’t have moved Ned go Toronto but that hurts compared to all the picks thrown out the window for Nash and Rittich.

Definitely. Would have been a nice pickup. Though I do wonder if the Leafs will be targeting a more known asset for their goalie addition. Campbell is already sort of the potential boom guy who hasn't quite proven it yet. They may want a safer option as the other goalie.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Also each new update on the Hawks scandal makes things worse and worse. Looks like a number of former players will now be taking heat on this.

And there's no way the front office guys are going to get out of this unscathed at this point. Hoping it was just going to go away isn't working anymore

Reactions: Rocker13

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Also each new update on the Hawks scandal makes things worse and worse. Looks like a number of former players will now be taking heat on this.

And there's no way the front office guys are going to get out of this unscathed at this point. Hoping it was just going to go away isn't working anymore

This is serious stuff, it won't just go away...anybody found covering this up when they knew about it will be in big trouble.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Ouch. I suppose Carolina wouldn’t have moved Ned go Toronto but that hurts compared to all the picks thrown out the window for Nash and Rittich.
I don't think they're looking to spend that much on their backup.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I don't think they're looking to spend that much on their backup.

Ned would likely solve our medium term goalie needs but I don’t think the Leafs can even entertain expanding the core even at a modest cap hit like that.

Reactions: ACC1224

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Definitely. Would have been a nice pickup. Though I do wonder if the Leafs will be targeting a more known asset for their goalie addition. Campbell is already sort of the potential boom guy who hasn't quite proven it yet. They may want a safer option as the other goalie.

I think they should actually be looking at a goalie like Ned who could solve their goalie issues for a longer period of time. Or at least set up a compelling goalie battle with Campbell for the next couple of years (assuming we resign Campbell).

Reactions: Menzinger

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

I am out of the loop and am afraid to ask… but coles notes?

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
It seems like the Leafs are keeping busy Islanders fan in their Out of Town Thread. Truly mind bending analysis and hatred for the Leafs there. Esp from one Leafs obsessed fan who should truly seek help. That dude is on the verge of a major breakdown. I feel like the only way he can get through the day is if he types in "Dubass" referring to Dubas lol

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
It seems like the Leafs are keeping busy Islanders fan in their Out of Town Thread. Truly mind bending analysis and hatred for the Leafs there. Esp from one Leafs obsessed fan who should truly seek help. That dude is on the verge of a major breakdown. I feel like the only way he can get through the day is if he types in "Dubass" referring to Dubas lol

Always makes me chuckle, because I frequently forget that the New York Islanders even exist. The most Who Cares franchise in the NHL.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
And their biggest weakness this playoffs was their inability to drive offense due to lack of finishers. Tampa outscored them at a nearly 2-1 ratio in their final series.
That "nearly 2-1 ratio" is a bit misleading, as it's skewed by the weird 8-0 game. Other than that, scoring was 12-11, with five games ending either 2-1 or 3-2, and the other 4-2.

Yes, lack of scoring was a problem (although Montreal only scored 8 and Carolina 9, so give Tampa some credit), but they also were without their captain and top scorer, and their top line in the playoffs had Komarov on it.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Wonder if Mrazeks asking price was too high for them. Seems like an odd trade if the intention is to run Bernier/Mrazek next season. Two 3-4mil goaltenders.

And yes, this further shows Dubas and his general incompetence running this team. Nedeljkovic is both younger and better, with starter upside.
No it doesn’t. TDL is an apple, the off-season is an orange.
The Rittich trade was smart at the time, and remains smart now.

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto

if the Leafs made that pick can you imagine the money HFBoards would make? Traffic would insane on here. All the haters would jump on Kyle in their out of town threads. The off-season for the lLeafs has been zippo so far and YET we are filling up pages on the Islanders forum.

Imagine the Leafs did this??!! The apocalypse would rein down.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
if the Leafs made that pick can you imagine the money HFBoards would make? Traffic would insane on here. All the haters would jump on Kyle in their out of town threads. The off-season for the lLeafs has been zippo so far and YET we are filling up pages on the Islanders forum.

Imagine the Leafs did this??!! The apocalypse would rein down.

Wow, that's just freakin' awkward...that silence...at least he was being sincere about it and didn't try to make something up...but the answer could be pretty simple: in a world where everything is scrutinized, where some people don't get second chances, I feel that we could give the young man a second chance to redeem himself. Of course, unless that answer would be lie, and the real answer is "our first pick is late because of where we finished in the season, and we needed to hit a home run, so we took a chance."

If Dubas picked him, maybe he would have said "we didn't want to be exclusive...we can and we will!" :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad