GDT: Around the League - Off Season Edition - let the good times roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
I guarantee that everyone making their little righteous moral declarations against tertiary parties have turned a blind eye at some injustice in their personal histories due to the potential blowback to themselves.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I’ll answer your last sentence first. They have spent the better of 10 years with Stan Bowman, so of course they think he is a good person. He has done a lot for them, so their memories of him are positive. It’s not as black or white for them compared to the rest of us who have no personal connection to Stan Bowman. You can disagree with the choices someone makes but still care for them as a person. However, This is a huge blemish on him and he should be held accountable. He did something wrong and it wasn’t a simple mistake. It was negligence.

The players should be held accountable if they contributed to the bullying and any inappropriate words. But it’s not their duty to report that’s management (legally). It is plausible that some players did not hear or didn’t know (like Toews claims) until the following season/training camp. Usually black aces/scratches do not skate with the main group.

not justifying it but just giving a reason as to why they completely denied it (which is embarrassing ). It’s simple, legal implications. In Ontario there is an apology act, you can apologize without that being used against you in court or law. That does not exist in the states
Like I said. It was coming out now and say Bowman and company are good people that bothers me. This is just not the right time to say this.
They are also being very careful about what they are saying, which to me is completely fair as they were part of the group in 2010.
To me, a lot of whats being said and done now are damage control. Fehr made an apology and....but that still didn't hide the fact that the PA received a complaints and didn't open an investigation. The fact that Q was behind the bench last night just shows how insensitive the NHL could be. The League is constantly behind doing the right thing until it is too late.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I guarantee that everyone making their little righteous moral declarations against tertiary parties have turned a blind eye at some injustice in their personal histories due to the potential blowback to themselves.
This is a classic what aboutism statement.
So I guess it is okay for what happened with all the unmarked graves at residential schools too according to your logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad