Tidbits: Around the League: NHL News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Making a good case as to why it’s best to not allow politics to cloud common sense.

In around the league news, Dallas starting to put themselves within striking distance.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Yet in Minnesota, health officials are saying if you've been sick the past 2 months, there's a very high chance you had coronavirus and didn't and likely will never know it.

You can't stop or slow down what is already at a communal level in the region.

Thus, overreaction.
I'd still rather overreact then stay complacent and let things play out. For me it's that I don't trust our leadership enough to handle things if they get a lot worse.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Scandella has landed on his feet in STL. He has slid right into a pairing with with Parayko, and both players are the better for it. It's amazing how he was blamed for all sorts of things in BUF, yet fits right into an excellent team like STL.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Scandella has landed on his feet in STL. He has slid right into a pairing with with Parayko, and both players are the better for it. It's amazing how he was blamed for all sorts of things in BUF, yet fits right into an excellent team like STL.

Also he was kind of maligned here. But him and Spurgeon made a strong pairing.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
He should be kicked out of the league. One blind side hit to the head and then launching himself into another player.
I notice he's wearing an A. The team must promote based in the Bobby Clarke school of leadership. I was prepared to praise the guy for playing a hard as nails game, but then watched the video and saw that he just plays a cheap game instead.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
He talks about those who are 35 and older.
Zuccarello is three seasons younger, that's a difference in this league.
I wish his play this year reflected he was three years younger, if it did it wouldn’t have been such a disastrous signing. All of Staal, Parise, and Suter have been immensely better.

Reactions: TaLoN

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I wish his play this year reflected he was three years younger, if it did it wouldn’t have been such a disastrous signing. All of Staal, Parise, and Suter have been immensely better.

I disagree, 37 points in 65 games certainly isn't bad on this team.

But as I said, and as Russo said, put him on a line with more effective players. Snipers, not guys like Staal and Parise.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019

But as I said, and as Russo said, put him on a line with more effective players. Snipers, not guys like Staal and Parise.
I don’t think you understand why everyone else agrees that it was a horrendous signing. It’s because we let him play with our best and he was vaguely effective while having a significant cap hit and a NMC. You say it’s not a terrible signing but there aren’t any players that fit the bill of a quality linemate for your precious boy. You’re just contradicting yourself and I don’t really understand.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

He doesn't play well with two of our best players that have far outplayed him.

Yet you still try to say he was a good signing for us? He doesn't fit our team... period. We were hoping he could come in and at least partially replace what Granlund brought. He doesn't. He's a bad fit, ultimately a bad signing.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad