Not open for further replies.

HighAndTight

Ready To Be Hurt Again
Jan 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
henrik-hits-nuge.gif

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
Didn't he injure his shoulder last year by losing an edge and slamming into the boards?

Some speculation he's been playing through a minor injury he suffered in the beginning of the season in OKC. He had to go to the Oiler's doctor and get his shoulder checked out and rested for about a week before he was cleared for the WJC. He hasn't been the same player since coming back from his injury last season tbh

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
TEAM Radio @TEAM1040
RT @mirtle: We have a trade: Devils acquire Andrei Loktionov from the Kings.

TEAM Radio @TEAM1040
RT @NHLDevils: We have acquired Andrei Loktionov from the Kings for 5th-round pick in 2013. Loktionov will be assigned to @AlbanyDevils.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
I don't understand the high regard for Loktionov on these boards. Drafted in 08 and hasn't really done anything since to suggest he has a lot of NHL potential. Significantly worse production than Schroeder on a higher scoring AHL team. Not exactly a stand out in the other two zones either. And I think he's going to need to pass through waivers (on the way back down) if he gets called up and can't cut it — either this season, or starting next season.

Last edited:

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
King fans are pissed they got a fifth for Loktionov.................I see a future trade that would have bernier traded to Devils for someone........I

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
King fans are pissed they got a fifth for Loktionov.................I see a future trade that would have bernier traded to Devils for someone........I

I hope this isn't the internet equivalent of somebody's dying breath.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
I don't understand the high regard for Loktionov on these boards. Drafted in 08 and hasn't really done anything since to suggest he has a lot of NHL potential. Significantly worse production than Schroeder on a higher scoring AHL team. Not exactly a stand out in the other two zones either. And I think he's going to need pass through waivers (on the way back down) if he gets called up and can't cut it — either this season, or starting next season.

Based on this years AHL totals that is an incredible exaggeration.

Schroeder scored at a 0.63 clip this year in the AHL (good for 5th on the Wolves).

Loktionov scored 0.59 clip this year in the AHL (good for 6th on the Monarchs - slightly below Dwight King).

Despite being drafted a year earlier, Loktionov is only 4 months older than Schroeder.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Based on this years AHL totals that is an incredible exaggeration.

Schroeder scored at a 0.63 clip this year in the AHL (good for 5th on the Wolves).

Loktionov scored 0.59 clip this year in the AHL (good for 6th on the Monarchs - slightly below Dwight King).

Did you bother to look at their goal totals or their ES production? And he's 6th on the Monarchs despite centering the other two guys. Schroeder was the top scorer on his line.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Some speculation he's been playing through a minor injury he suffered in the beginning of the season in OKC. He had to go to the Oiler's doctor and get his shoulder checked out and rested for about a week before he was cleared for the WJC. He hasn't been the same player since coming back from his injury last season tbh

Interesting. An injury would explain why he's been less effective than last year at NHL level. He was good at the WJC though.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
Did you bother to look at their goal totals or their ES production? And he's 6th on the Monarchs despite centering the other two guys. Schroeder was the top scorer on his line.

Your ninja edit was spot on, its pretty sad

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Besides their stats, Loktionov is simply an inferior player. He's small, he's soft and terrible along the boards, and he's slow too. His only redeeming qualities are his hockey IQ and his shot, which he doesn't use enough. Due to his draft year he's also going to be subject to waivers sooner than Schroeder.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009

If there was a way to check the Monarchs' and Wolves' goal totals at the moment the lockout ended, that would be even more convincing (besides looking it up manually and doing the subtraction, that is).

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012

In your original post you made no mention of goal totals or ES production. You simply stated "significantly worse production". Production is generally defined as point production. If you want to qualify your original post after the fact then go ahead, but don't insult my diligence.

Anyway you slice it, "significantly worse production" is an exaggeration, although I don't hold out much hope for you recognizing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad