Around The League LV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Yeah... can we bubble wrap our players for the rest of the season? I'd die if something like that happened to Edler. OTT fans are probably feeling pretty hollow right now.

If Karlsson returns to form by next year, it might not be bad for the organization. It is suppose to be a great draft maybe they can get a lottery pick, to put with Spezza and Karlsson. It already is a short season. Trade guys who are will be UFAs etc.. Even if by some miracle they make the playoffs how are they go anywhere. It is a tough break for sure but they were not seen as contenders this might allow them to fill up their roster with another great player.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Who would the Canucks possibly get that would be better than ballard is right now?

Agreed. If it ain't broke...

Not so say that I wouldn't toss him if we were able to wheedle out Carlson fro Washington (not saying that will happen)

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
What Cooke was trying to do was more than acceptable. Aaron Ward showed a few examples from just the Flames/Stars game after one period that looked exactly like what Cooke was trying to do. It was a hockey play, it unfortunately ended in the worst.

I know, it wasn't intentional. But "just cause" has little to do with it. A lot of stuff happens that goes on that is rightly or wrongly unpunished. What Neil did there is to remind someone that he's not a judge. He will extract a punishment regardless. He made it known that this was unacceptable. Right or wrong.

It takes a page out of the BOS book. Not fair or just, but just what is. And other teams are forced to deal with it.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I know, it wasn't intentional. But "just cause" has little to do with it. A lot of stuff happens that goes on that is rightly or wrongly unpunished. What Neil did there is to remind someone that he's not a judge. He will extract a punishment regardless. He made it known that this was unacceptable. Right or wrong.

It takes a page out of the BOS book. Not fair or just, but just what is. And other teams are forced to deal with it.

That's fair. I missed what happened, but did Cooke actually fight Neil or did he get jumped and end up having no choice?

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
I'd probably curl up in a ball eating ice cream in my bed and not emerge from my room for a couple of days.

Better get a mini fridge then.
Ice-cream melts.

Always be prepared...
Not that I hope it will happen, but it is always nice to have a fridge in the room.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
But did Cooke have to lift his skate though?
I am not saying it is intentional, but I am just wondering because I have never played hockey before.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
That's fair. I missed what happened, but did Cooke actually fight Neil or did he get jumped and end up having no choice?

Neil was going after him (slashing, shoving, etc.) and Cooke didn't retaliate, and then Neil starts punching him and Cooke goes down.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
I am not saying it is intentional, but I am just wondering because I have never played hockey before.

Cooke prematurely engaged over aggressively (HEYO!!!!!) and because of that he lost his balance and his skate got lifted off the ice because of it.

Or at least that's what I hope.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

When he was jousting with Karlsson heading into the corner, I believe it is possible he lost an edge or caught a rut in the ice and lost his footing a bit. It's kind of hard to put into words for me personally, but I've played contact hockey and see nothing wrong with this play. Cooke would have to have had some quick thinking in order to place his skate (without looking down...) in Karlsson's skate and cut him.

Worst part about this whole situation is that it shouldn't have even happened as the puck went out of play and hit the screening above the glass.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Neil was going after him (slashing, shoving, etc.) and Cooke didn't retaliate, and then Neil starts punching him and Cooke goes down.

Ah, thanks. Can assure they're not done with Cooke, even if it was an accidental play. If it happened to a Canuck, I'd be livid if it were intential or not.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Just saw the Karlsson injury. Didn't look malicious at all.

Also live playoff hockey, looks like we are Doughty bros. He's really been letting us down huh?

he's riding the pine for me right now, Keith is also letting me down big time for his team being so strong. At least MSL is picking up the slack for me

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
With Karlsson out what does the Norris situation look like?
Doughty is doing well (but not putting up any points)
Pietrangelo is looking good
Chara is always a contender
Markov is looking good, injuries are always a concern though.

probably missing some guys, maybe Edler slides in as a nominee

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
With Karlsson out what does the Norris situation look like?
Doughty is doing well (but not putting up any points)
Pietrangelo is looking good
Chara is always a contender
Markov is looking good, injuries are always a concern though.

probably missing some guys, maybe Edler slides in as a nominee

Pietrangelo has not been good. Even Blues fans are underwhelmed with him.

If Edler can master the right side he'll be up there.

Weber is always a candidate seeing as he's got nothing to work with in Nashville anymore.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Cooke prematurely engaged over aggressively (HEYO!!!!!) and because of that he lost his balance and his skate got lifted off the ice because of it.

Or at least that's what I hope.

I'm not so sure I'd give the benefit of the doubt on anything Cooke does.;)

But I'm told he's a "reformed" player and I'll admit a bias against him.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Pietrangelo has not been good. Even Blues fans are underwhelmed with him.

If Edler can master the right side he'll be up there.

Weber is always a candidate seeing as he's got nothing to work with in Nashville anymore.

fair enough, I must admit I haven't seen a ton of Blues games this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad