Around the League: It Smells Like Hockey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
And McElhinney let in four himself. Maybe we'll finally stop hearing about those two from whiners who still go on about Sparks. Mind you, I don't wish for either of them to fail (especially McElhinney, his heroics helped us clinch in 2017) but people really want Sparks to be bad for whatever reason.
I know, it's strange. That's the problem with making bold prediction on internet forums (like Sparks is going to suck).....you end up defending your position to the bitter end even though sometimes it's in the team's best interest for your prediction to be completely wrong.

Reactions: Menzinger

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
Mcdavid just looks 2 steps ahead of the league compared to being 1 step ahead before

120 points is probably a safe bet. Maybe he even goes on a goal scoring tear midway through the season when it gets harder to bank passes into the net off his teammates

I'm still at a loss on how a GM can butcher a team that badly.

Reactions: Maple Leafs

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
7 years? Wow. I mean Vegas doesn't have a lot to lose by gambling on him, they could use some long term studs locked up. I guess they're banking on Tuch becoming a core player.

That's one hell of a gamble, I'd want more evidence before I'd be looking to hand out a 7 year deal

If it works out the GM looks like a genius though I'll admit

Reactions: BertCorbeau

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
That's one hell of a gamble, I'd want more evidence before I'd be looking to hand out a 7 year deal

If it works out the GM looks like a genius though I'll admit
Wonder how would this impact Willie?

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Mcdavid just looks 2 steps ahead of the league compared to being 1 step ahead before

120 points is probably a safe bet. Maybe he even goes on a goal scoring tear midway through the season when it gets harder to bank passes into the net off his teammates

If that continues, Leafs might have a chance to sign McD for the league minimum once he hits UFA. Bc he wants to win and already got his 100mil.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Been hearing the same thing recently: "Oh the Red Wings are bad but not for long!"

I beg to differ. They appear to be doing a very foolish thing as far as I'm concerned. They're playing a half dozen players in the NHL before they should be in the NHL.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario

Imagine him on the Leafs lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad