Around the League: It Smells Like Hockey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
that is so dumb. they hate pre-season. suspend them for a few regular season games.
I definitely agree. However and I'm no way trying to defend what Domi did but remember when Phil Kessel was suspended for the remainder of the preseason when he was slashing repeatedly at John Scott's leg, he got suspended for the remainder of that preseason and others called for him to miss some regular season games. I know I was happy that he didn't miss any regular season games.

Although if Nazem Kadri had done the same thing as Domi and given his history of suspensions and his most recent was in the playoffs, chances are he would miss the remainder of the preseason and some regular season games. So as we know there is no consistency with suspensions.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
I remember when David Clarkson was automatically suspended for 10 regular-season games, without pay, as a result of being assessed a game misconduct penalty for leaving the bench on an illegal line change to join an altercation during preseason game against the Buffalo Sabres.

David jumped in to help defend Kessel from an angry giant.

I see now how that is so much worse than Max sucker punching a guy who doesn't want to fight (sarcasm).

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I remember when David Clarkson was automatically suspended for 10 regular-season games, without pay, as a result of being assessed a game misconduct penalty for leaving the bench on an illegal line change to join an altercation during preseason game against the Buffalo Sabres.

David jumped in to help defend Kessel from an angry giant.

I see now how that is so much worse than Max sucker punching a guy who doesn't want to fight (sarcasm).
The punishment for Clarkson is defined in the rulebook, Domi's isn't.

Reactions: al secord

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
The punishment for Clarkson is defined in the rulebook, Domi's isn't.
It might in the rule book as you said, however I think his point is leaving the bench like Clarkson did is nothing compared to a sucker punch or illegal hits to the head and those don't have automatic 10 game suspensions. How many times have we seen players suspended for 1 or 2 games for headshots and the injured player could be out for god knows how long.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
It might in the rule book as you said, however I think his point is leaving the bench like Clarkson did is nothing compared to a sucker punch or illegal hits to the head and those don't have automatic 10 game suspensions. How many times have we seen players suspended for 1 or 2 games for headshots and the injured player could be out for god knows how long.

N.H.L. Toughens Fighting Penalties
Sept.18, 1987

In its strongest effort to crack down on bench-clearing brawls, the National Hockey League Board of Governors voted today to hand out stiffer penalties to coaches, players and clubs -including lengthier suspensions - in order to stop such infractions.

''Because of at least seven incidents last year involving bench-clearing brawls, the N.H.L. last June received a proposal to come up with legislation to cut out this type of incident, which has nothing to do with the game of hockey,'' said John A. Ziegler, the league's president.

Under the new rules, the first player leaving the bench for a fight would receive a 10-game suspension as well as a game misconduct. His coach would get a five-game suspension and his team would be fined $10,000.

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
I have no idea where to post this in but I dont wanna spam with a new thread. I am a Pens fan but I might come to Toronto in November or December this year. Since I pretty much watched every Pens game for the past idek 8/9 years, since I am old enough to stay up and rich enough to pay for NHL.tv :D , I would obviously love to watch an NHL game live. Obviously I know that your fanbase is verry passionate and tickets sell out rather quick, so I just wanted to ask if you guys can give me any advice on getting tickets fairly spontaneous.
I know that I am not a Maple Leafs fan and that someone who followed the team would "deserve" the ticket more than I do, but watching an NHL game in person is pretty much my dream for the past decade and I dont wanna miss out if I am in Toronto. So I would love to get any tips on getting tickets!

Oh and I am fine with paying more than I should, but I am still a student so I guess it would have to be one of the cheaper ones^^

Thank you guys and have a great season, your team will be fun to watch!

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Wow. This means that now the Leafs appear only once on the cup. And if we don't win one in the next dozen years then they will be completely absent from the face of the cup.

Kinda sad actually. Leafs still have the longer cup drought even when compared to the other 11 teams that have never won a cup before :(

St. Louis Blues
Buffalo Sabres
Vancouver Canucks
San Jose Sharks
Florida Panthers
Winnipeg Jets
Phoenix Coyotes
Nashville Predators
Minnesota Wild
Columbus Blue Jackets
Vegas Golden Knights

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I have no idea where to post this in but I dont wanna spam with a new thread. I am a Pens fan but I might come to Toronto in November or December this year. Since I pretty much watched every Pens game for the past idek 8/9 years, since I am old enough to stay up and rich enough to pay for NHL.tv :D , I would obviously love to watch an NHL game live. Obviously I know that your fanbase is verry passionate and tickets sell out rather quick, so I just wanted to ask if you guys can give me any advice on getting tickets fairly spontaneous.
I know that I am not a Maple Leafs fan and that someone who followed the team would "deserve" the ticket more than I do, but watching an NHL game in person is pretty much my dream for the past decade and I dont wanna miss out if I am in Toronto. So I would love to get any tips on getting tickets!

Oh and I am fine with paying more than I should, but I am still a student so I guess it would have to be one of the cheaper ones^^

Sell your house so you can afford the tickets :sarcasm:

But seriously, they will be a tough ticket against the Pens to get so be ready to pay a lot even for the upper sections. That's because you'll likely have to go on the secondary market to get them and the resale value will be high.

The easiest way to guarantee tickets is to use a site like Stubhub.. Of course Kijiji is there too, but it'll depend on how much time you have before the game to pick them up.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana

Copy and paste your inquiry over to the link/thread below. Someone should be able to help you out!

OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Leafs Ticket Exchange

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
Sell your house so you can afford the tickets :sarcasm:

But seriously, they will be a tough ticket against the Pens to get so be ready to pay a lot even for the upper sections. That's because you'll likely have to go on the secondary market to get them and the resale value will be high.

The easiest way to guarantee tickets is to use a site like Stubhub.. Of course Kijiji is there too, but it'll depend on how much time you have before the game to pick them up.

Its not even about tickets against the pens, I would just love to see any NHL game in person. As much as I love to shit on the players during games, I have so much respect for any NHL player and team and watching any combinations of teams would mean the world to me!

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Is it too late for me to break out my best scolding voice and put on a showy display regarding the Domi suspension?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad